Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2017, 10:07 AM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Teresa is a piece of work. She booted me a few weeks ago. I left Steve L's "Skoolie" group on my own. That guy is a freaking nut job! He posted that he was responsible for the schoolie movement...it was all his idea.

DT Rutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:52 AM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
...and...he also invented the Internet.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #23
Bus Crazy

You all pretty much have a bead on Teresa. I had the pleasure of working with her for a year or so before she went on the road fulltime. Matter of fact, she introduced me both to skoolies in general and to this site. What seems abusive in print is really only abrasive in person. I think "autocratic" might be too generous a term for her. "My way or the highway" would be closer.

That being said, I do like her personally to some extent. The problem is inherent in FB governance or lack of it. She started the group; it's hers.

I also concur about the quality of information to be had on that (or any) FB group vs a moderated bulletin board type of forum. The format on FB is "ask a question and watch how fast it degenerates". The absolute best information I've heard on FB skoolie groups has been lifted wholesale from this site.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:20 PM   #24
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
im not in any skoolie facebook group... however I do post alot of my bus trips on facebook.. they dont all make it here on skoolie net.. a lot of misc pictures from my endeavors in the busses make it there.. and videos in youtube f misc boring Nerd stuff with the busses that likely wouldnt interest here..

so i like facebook.. I never tried the skoolie groups on there... though im a ember of a couple bus-geek groups on there.. since for me im more into the 'Bus' part of things than the conversion part..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:02 PM   #25
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Rescuer View Post
or just cute pictures...
Attachment 17011
Those dogs!!!
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:03 PM   #26
Bus Crazy

LOL... he'd like to think he did... along with inventing the world Skoolie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Old 11-02-2017, 08:20 AM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

I know I'm new here, but been on other forums a lot over the past 15 years or so. Here's my 2 cents.

Forums, such as this one, generally have intelligent and experienced posters giving advice and newbies ask questions, lurk, and learn the ways for a while before posting advice. Therefore the majority of the content is good, and the stuff that does happen to be wrong gets called out. Anyone reading can briefly check the post count and join date of the poster to get an idea of how long they have been around that particular community.

Facebook, on the other hand, is the exact opposite. The experienced people get driven away by the same stupidity time after time, while 'other' people keep regurgitating the same nonsense.

I've been a member of a certain pickup truck group for 3 years, they're still arguing over what size tires to put on their trucks and weather or not they should cut the mufflers off to make them louder. I haven't even looked up any skoolie groups, and don't really intend to, for mainly that reason.
Jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:16 AM   #28
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
So far, the Skoolie Conversion group is looking a little more promising.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:53 PM   #29

Angry Run away from skoolie nation on facebook

The admin Theresa Glover is so nasty and the group is full of a bunch of racist haters ( met some really cool people on there so this excludes them) ! I got removed from the group for sharing another page that has colored people who own/interested in Skoolie’s. I got removed without warning... this group is meant to bring other likeminded skoolie lovers together and motivate them. I have gotten so much down talk and hate from that group compared to all the others. It’s such a shame that group is so popular and it sets that type of trashy example as to what Skoolie nation is made of. The admin called me at least 4 curse words and blocked me.... so yeah stay away ! Far away !
Nyakayio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:56 PM   #30
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyakayio View Post
The admin Theresa Glover is so nasty and the group is full of a bunch of racist haters ( met some really cool people on there so this excludes them) ! I got removed from the group for sharing another page that has colored people who own/interested in Skoolie’s. I got removed without warning... this group is meant to bring other likeminded skoolie lovers together and motivate them. I have gotten so much down talk and hate from that group compared to all the others. It’s such a shame that group is so popular and it sets that type of trashy example as to what Skoolie nation is made of. The admin called me at least 4 curse words and blocked me.... so yeah stay away ! Far away !
facebook skoolie groups have all been pretty lame in my experience. They started being real rude to my wife. Some dipshit named steve.
used to be some racist stuff here but that was years ago. facebook is so toxic these days.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:12 PM   #31
Bus Crazy

Except you just PMd me to ask when we'd let you know if you can come back in... hmmm, it's a hard no for me now

WanderWoman
aka Sandi Sandelier Blankenship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyakayio View Post
Old 04-21-2020, 08:17 PM   #32
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
I find facebook groups to be somewhat useful. The search function there works way better than anything this site has. I do occasionally get some good ideas and answers to my questions.

Keep the drama on facebook. Doesn't belong here.
WIbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:25 PM   #33
Bus Crazy

I agree... I got lots of wonderful ideas from facebook groups... but I got some awesome skoolie family right here on skoolie.net... I refer lots of folks here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIbluebird View Post
I find facebook groups to be somewhat useful. The search function there works way better than anything this site has. I do occasionally get some good ideas and answers to my questions.

Keep the drama on facebook. Doesn't belong here.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:06 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
Except you just PMd me to ask when we'd let you know if you can come back in... hmmm, it's a hard no for me now

WanderWoman
aka Sandi Sandelier Blankenship
Lady please stop following me on various websites! It’s not a good look for you ! I have the freedom of speech so if I feel a way about your group I’m entitled to share my experience.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:07 PM   #35

Instagram is way more welcoming than face book in my opinion.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:13 PM   #36
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
Oh ... y'all can't see the contentious post because she deleted it, and all her abusive replies.
That's what screenshotting is for... Shift-PrtScrn to capture, CTRL-V to paste into your favorite imaging program... ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
facebook skoolie groups have all been pretty lame in my experience. *SNIP* facebook is so toxic these days.
Exactly why I call it FlakeBook. I just deleted two accounts, pondering deleting the third. I don't much care for the double-standards of censorship per the double, er, community standards.

Especially when people can pay to advertise penis pills and such, but if I post a dirty joke, it violates community standards... As I've said elsewhere, go procreate with yourself, Flakebook.

Quote:
No, no, no.... That was Al Gore... And he will never live that one down...
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:30 PM   #37
Bus Crazy

Year: 2007
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Quote:
Haha that's total bullsh*t, you all know I invented the interweb thingy!
Oscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:04 AM   #38
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON View Post
That's what screenshotting is for... Shift-PrtScrn to capture, CTRL-V to paste into your favorite imaging program... ;)

Exactly why I call it FlakeBook. I just deleted two accounts, pondering deleting the third. I don't much care for the double-standards of censorship per the double, er, community standards.

Especially when people can pay to advertise penis pills and such, but if I post a dirty joke, it violates community standards... As I've said elsewhere, go procreate with yourself, Flakebook.

No, no, no.... That was Al Gore... And he will never live that one down...

Al Gore! Our National Hero [emoji16]