Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #1

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Where to find hub caps on net ????

I am looking for hub caps for my 1992 flat nose Blue Bird. Does anyone know where I can find them on the web?? Thanks

okcpartybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #2

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Where to find hub caps on net ????

Thanks Smitty, I appreciate it ... wow, they are pretty proud of them. Well, I guess you have to pay for the bling !!!
okcpartybus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

I have those "beauty rings" on our Class C. I hate them. Dirt Daubers love to get up behind them and make nests (so do the ants), they are a PITA when you have to change a tire. We had them on the Eagle as well. Rims had a lot of rust (replaced a couple of rims) that the covers... well, covered. The skoolie has them on the front (rusted). We will just paint the rims. I'm not a huge fan of chrome... too much upkeep. I got better things to do than polish chrome.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
I have those "beauty rings" on our Class C. I hate them. Dirt Daubers love to get up behind them and make nests (so do the ants), they are a PITA when you have to change a tire. We had them on the Eagle as well. Rims had a lot of rust (replaced a couple of rims) that the covers... well, covered. The skoolie has them on the front (rusted). We will just paint the rims. I'm not a huge fan of chrome... too much upkeep. I got better things to do than polish chrome.
I agree...but you forgot that they also hold heat in the brakes! And they quickly get beat-up and look like crap. Anything I own will get them removed immediately upon purchase. My B-700 had regular Budd wheels I painted black...the Genesis has Daytons that will probably get the same treatment (though I may paint the spider & rear spacer the same color as the body). The brake drums will definitely get hit with black header paint to dissipate heat.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote