Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2018, 06:50 PM   #1

Question Where to park monthly in DE

Hello All! I'm completely brand new to the Skoolie lifestyle. I live in and work as a teacher in DE. I'm a single mom of three kids and it is so expensive to live here! I'm paying $1270 for a two bedroom apartment! I used to live in an RV in another state and I loved it. However, there are many things I didn't like about RVs. So, I'm thinking a Skoolie would be a better option for my family. I have summers and weekends off plus, fall break, winter break, and spring break. I'm traveling anyways during those times. I practically live in my car!

But before I start looking for a bus, I need to figure out where I would park it. I would need the months of September till May to live in it monthly. (But would be traveling during breaks and long weekends) I'm looking for somewhere near New Castle DE and would consider the neighboring states.

Does anyone know of anywhere I could stay? The only campground I found that does monthly through the winter is Tall Pines and it is 1 hr 1/2 away.

RealLifeMsFrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:48 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
A lot of folks think they'll escape rent by buying a used school bus.
You'll need land to park it on. Either buy some or find a friend with some.
RV parks can cost as much as renting a home. I'd find where to park a bus, then two backup plans for where to put it before buying any bus.
Its not all sunshine and roses owning one of these beasts!

I've been lucky. My friends let me park my buses on their land. Shopping for some acreage now so I'll have my own.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:13 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
wow $1270 on the east coast isnt bad!.. heck a nice 1 bedroom in downtown costs more than that here in columbus ohio..

EC has it right.. to park is one thing but to park and live is another.. if its in a town or township there are often regulations that prevent people from living in "temporary " structures.. so when looking for land be sure you can park a bus on it and live permanently..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote