Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #21
Bus Nut

Re: where'd Smitty go?

Oomph, all sorts of inspiration and nowhere to go! Sorry, Gus, no Ode outta me tonight. I'd have to have the full story rather than bits and pieces from my broken memory banks (I remember Mum talking about him, I think, back in 2000 or so when we were house-bound, but I've got a terrible memory-eating-virus in my head when it comes to that time period).

Dog is my copilot. As I have no dog, I have no flight plan.

"If all porkchops were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs!" -Steven Universe
Das Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #22
Bus Crazy

For those who have never seen Smitty's bus, the thread Smitty posted in the Bus Conversions section of Escapees still survives. [Edit: It's been removed there also, probably due to its age and inactivity]
He used his bus' name Neon Moon as the screen name there.

That does not bring back his 2000+ posts of wisdom, lively interaction, and unique humor, however.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #23
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal
I bet he still comes on here to read.
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 100MPG and 1 guest

There he is now!
100MPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #24
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Uh oh...is there a purge taking place? Please don't delete me...I might not have a bus anymore and I don't regularly partake in discussion (I'd like to), but that doesn't mean I should be "Smittyed".

I miss that guy... I absolutely agree that he was controversial at times, but he was a GREAT contributor to this board and offered so much.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #25
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_experience03
Uh oh...is there a purge taking place? . . .
A lot of accounts are gone, and all their posts with them. The bbs was getting I guess 2000 to 5000 new automated spam users per day, until Steve pulled the big red "stop" button. When you read some threads, and realize that some comments are responding to original posts or other comments that aren't there anymore. It is odd when the first post in a thread is now a reply comment.

At first I thought the purge was targeting names that didn't sound like humans, and Smitty got axed because of the enormous size of storage needed for his posts. But it may just have been anyone with a gmail address instead.

I'm just glad what's left of the board still works, and some of the lost posts are memorialized by being quoted by others who survived . . . .
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #26
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 3126
Rated Cap: 72

Yep, Everything I had with my gmail account is gone. I had to sign up with a non-gmail account. WIldBlue is another example of a lost post that I miss.

visvi Cherokee for Journey, Sounds Like Oeesha

https://thejourneyvisvi.com/

My Conversion Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=464989
wmkbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:52 PM   #27
Skoolie

Year: 1977
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: C/60
Engine: 350 V8
Rated Cap: 54

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/off-topi ... s-pics-rv/

There's a few pics on the crappie.com that are quite nice ...
Old 08-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #28
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamper
http://www.crappie.com/crappie/off-topic-forum/217655-heres-pics-rv/

There's a few pics on the crappie.com that are quite nice ...
Great Find! At least pix survive there. I notice that there too, Smitty's last post is over two years old.
If anyone sees this bus on the road, let us old-timers know how Ol' Smitty is doing