Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Yeouch!

Didja read the comments posted under the video? My favorite: "This is not police brutality. The suspect assaulted the officer's foot with his face. Assaulting an officer charge should be added on to the other counts that he will be facing."

zamfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

just try to come to vancouver canada and speak a different language to a mountie with a taser and see where that gets ya! carry on bussin
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
Bus Geek

the cop was out of line, but the guy that got kicked was a criminal. He just put several peoples lives in danger by running from the cops, driving in the wrong lane, blowing through intersections. imagine if that guy killed someone you knew. Kicking the guy in the head wasn't the problem...the problem is that the camera saw him do it!

working as a paramedic for the past several years i've seen the cops put the beat down on a few different people....and in my experience all of those people deserved it long before it happened.

The cop was wrong, but compared to what the criminal just did a boot to the head seems like a pretty small thing.

in those last 2 video's it doesn't seem like the cops did anything wrong....

the officers tell a guy to stop, he takes off running and a cop chases him down and knocks him over. it sucks that the guy ended up in a coma, but running from the cops was obviously not the correct choice for that young man.

and in the next video, the lady is seen not cooperating with the officers before getting thrown to the ground. She did hit the ground really hard, but again she made a poor decision. Try resisting arrest with an officer in your community and see how well that works out for ya.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: genesis
Chassis: international harvester
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84

I agree with Smitty!!!!!, after 911 the police & all other law enforcement seem to really going overboard. Just my two cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought you were innocent until proven guilty myself
dieselman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
Bus Nut

What's the big deal?? In Chicago, what happened on the video is known as a "tune-up".... Moral of the story is, "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime". The perp didn't yield to the police in the first place, so then he had to deal with the consequences, as unfortunate as they may have been. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to get taken down by the police that way, but then I wouldn't try to out run Motorola either....
oldog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #6
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40

Gonna have to say that anyone who is desperate or dumb enough to try and outrun the cops, endangering peoples lives, wrecking property(prob without insurance)......at the very least deserves a boot to the face. If it was my car that got smashed into then I would want to be the first to give the boot......police brutality is not anything slightly new or "surfacing recently"! It shouldn't happen but after all these guys have to suspect the suspect to have a "sidearm" which can kill them for doing more than most utube surfers do for the community. That guy just made all kinds of desperate moves....why would the cop think he was "all done" with the desperation.......more probably he was the most dangerous once he was cornered. As for the others.....dont mouth off to a cop and you wont be treated like a belligerent. Maybe they should have called in a similar-weighted officer for the take-down......Ha! I don't condone police brutality anymore than the next guy but car-chase idiots deserve whatever they get after all they are the ones who pumped up the amplitude. Just wait for the crazed skoolie-driver carchase to hit cyberspace then the interest will really be peaking. This is just the thing to be expected from the concrete jungles!
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote