School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Conversion General Discussions (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/)
-   -   Really nice build! (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/really-nice-build-18213.html)

Njsurf73 06-18-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillackid (Post 209759)
there is no "injection pump" on a DT-466E , the injectors multiply the lift pump pressure internally.. and are electronically fired...

extra high oil pressure determines the amount of fuel pressure being pushed at the injector being fired.. it has 2 oil pumps.. the 'HPOP' high pressure oil pump provides oil at sometimes well over 1000 PSI to the oil rail in the head which is used for the fuel pressure multiplication..

the 'E' is the fact the engine is fully electronic control.. the Cat-3126, DT-466E, T-444E(Powerstroke 7.3), VT-365(Powerstroke 6.0), MaxxForce 7 all share the HEUI style of fuel management.

-Christopher

Ok. I have it confused with the Cummins style pre-common rail systems.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sasquatters 06-20-2017 04:42 PM

I've seen photos of this and thought it was a tiny home on a trailer.

Brewerbob 06-21-2017 10:20 AM

I don't like his transition; too steep for my liking. The interior, especially the ceiling is awesome. Needs more windows in the rear of the bus. I think I like what's going on with the chimney. Looks like it branches off for heating thru the curve of the walls. I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking of wrapping it with copper coil and using the water for heating tho.

Very jealous of the life their daughter is going to live.

cadillackid 06-21-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Njsurf73 (Post 209766)
Ok. I have it confused with the Cummins style pre-common rail systems.

cummins are one thing I know very little about.. im sure the all mechanicals are similar to other all mechanical direct injection engines, Id be interested to learn how cummins electromic fuel management works.

-Christopher

Njsurf73 06-21-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillackid (Post 210397)
cummins are one thing I know very little about.. im sure the all mechanicals are similar to other all mechanical direct injection engines, Id be interested to learn how cummins electromic fuel management works.

-Christopher

No very little about the common rail Style. I do know they still require a high pressure fuel pump. The injectors are controlled by solenoids. In the standard mechanical and earlier electronic... There is a Bosch rotary pump that fires each injector in time with the motor.

Iheartbus 06-21-2017 05:04 PM

All I know is if my electricity goes out, engine stops. That's what the E stands for to me lol.

This really is a sweet build but the amount of money he threw into it is a bit crazy.