School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   New Member Intros - Say Hello! (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f6/)
-   -   So I bought a Bus!?!? (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f6/so-i-bought-a-bus-18835.html)

Christine 08-13-2017 11:20 AM

Ok, let me know when you will be in Houston and we can make arrangements.

Christine 08-13-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillackid (Post 219095)
my bus is a cruiser.. I carry work stuff and then drive it on road trips.. and when im home, friends and i use it to go out places together.. it started with me almost always being the DD for our outings as i only drink once in a while.. so when I got the bus everyone was like "big time DD" .. its also great for going to events and such where parking is a premium..ive found many events welcome busses.. or like at the christmas-light drive thru's last year.. they waived us through for free(we ended up making a donation) as they thought it was cool a bunch of guys got a red and white school bus and were out having fun...

I just finished cols OH - Knoxville - Macon - Orlando - Asheville NC - St pete - Cols OH 15 day work and play road trip in it... :)

-Christopher

That is awesome use of your ride. Let me know if you make it my way. Maybe I will still have some seats around.

Christine 08-13-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad_SwiftFur (Post 219092)
I might be interested in several of them (and help with removal when I visit Houston next). I'm planning to convert mine into a party-wagon and this would save me a lot of time and cost.

Ok, let me know when you will be in Houston and we can make arrangements.

Red Tail 08-13-2017 04:00 PM

You can do it!!
Loved reading this post. So happy for you! Can't wait to see the progress!

M1031A1 08-13-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine (Post 219115)
I think that I can part with two seats! :) I will let you know when I actually start pulling them out.

AWESOME!!! Let me know when you want some help!:thumb:

1olfart 08-13-2017 10:18 PM

Christine, welcome to the forum, from another Houston area member. Can't wait to see, where your journey takes you. I can't begin to imagine where, in the downtown area, you store your bus. I hope you have a place that will let you work there, as well.
If Christopher and you work something out on the seats, I'll be happy to store them for him/you till he gets this way. IMHO you might do well to barter for some of his knowledge, and skills. You read enough threads, and you'll quickly see what I mean.
I am limited in the mobility department, but if I can help, at all, I'll be happy to try. BTW which school are you attending, for your degree?
Best of luck

Brad_SwiftFur 08-13-2017 10:41 PM

If Christopher wants to pick up some of those seats in GA instead, I can transport and store a few more. I already want at least a dozen or 16.

EastCoastCB 08-13-2017 11:18 PM

Man, I want some!

cadillackid 08-14-2017 08:07 AM

i want 6..(3 right and 3 left) and likewise brad - if I end uop in houston first im more than happy to take some to georgia.
-Christopher

EastCoastCB 08-14-2017 08:22 AM

The standard school bus seats in mine are cool, and in nice shape. But they're horrible to ride on. A pair of these would be awesome for long trips!

cadillackid 08-14-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 219298)
The standard school bus seats in mine are cool, and in nice shape. But they're horrible to ride on. A pair of these would be awesome for long trips!

mine too... eveidently elementary kids didnt razorblade or stick chewing gum to bottoms of seats .. lolol
-Christopher

tobeamiss 08-22-2017 06:04 AM

So how's it going? Get over the shock yet? Once I started taking the seats out and got that accomplished, that feeling pretty much went away. I'd love to know if you got the chance to do anything yet :D

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

M1031A1 08-22-2017 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobeamiss (Post 220547)
So how's it going? Get over the shock yet? Once I started taking the seats out and got that accomplished, that feeling pretty much went away. I'd love to know if you got the chance to do anything yet :D

Same here! I have my family ready to help with the seat removal. Just let us know when you want help and where to go!!!!! :biggrin:

M

tobeamiss 08-23-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M1031A1 (Post 220558)
Same here! I have my family ready to help with the seat removal. Just let us know when you want help and where to go!!!!! [emoji3]

M

That is so nice of you. I wish I lived closer to other skoolies because I'd love to help with things I've gained experience with.

Christine 09-10-2017 10:36 AM

Getting things started!

6 Attachment(s)
Update....

With the heat of August and hurricane Harvey, I have only been able to physically work on the bus 2 days now. I feel like I have accomplished a lot though and my body thinks I have too! I ache all over.

Day 1: Removed all the seats. It went smoother than I expected. Only took about 3-4 hours to get them all out with just me and my friend Dean. I managed to sell them and make some cash back to reinvest into the bus!!

Day 2: Managed to get almost half of the flooring out. Ran into some rust and with the recent hurricane, fresh water. I have a leak somewhere that will need further investigation.

Question, I think I should remove all of the inside paneling to investigate what is going on in there. My reasoning: 1. I want to know what my bus is made of and what it is insulated with, 2. I want to know all possible places it may be leaking and fix, before spending $$$ to build on top of possible problem. Dean thinks I should leave the walls as is and build over, or just tear out where it seems there may be a leak. He currently thinks he needs to help me write this too! :) Can someone who knows more than the two of us, weigh in? Thank you.

Here are some pics of my progress.

Rusty 09-10-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine (Post 223184)
Update....

Question, I think I should remove all of the inside paneling to investigate what is going on in there.

Looking Good ! :thumb:

I'd def take a peek now as it will be tough later once walls are in. I don't like nasty surprises. MOST is probably fine, it's just those 2 bad spots...:facepalm:

update your bus profile/location when you get a chance. Dogo has to go where the action is- they sure look confused when you demolish.:confused:

Christine 09-10-2017 10:58 AM

Thank you Rusty. I think I updated info just now.
Did you mean dog? If so, that's Nalo and he about kills me on a daily basis. He thinks there is no better place to be than under my feet. I finally had to make him sit in the drivers seat, to avoid injuries to us both.

mmoore6856 09-10-2017 01:43 PM

you actually got somebody to give you cash for seats ???? wow you got our respect went thru houston wed on us59 its what i expected texans going like hell to get things fixed again no sitting around crying there

chicalibre 09-13-2017 11:54 AM

I'll be with you in solidarity, girl! I just bought a '94 Chevy short bus and am going to convert it into a camper. Just know that you're not alone navigating the good-ole' boys at the hardware stores and auto parts shop as a free, powerful woman!

Christine 10-09-2017 03:17 PM

Crazy glue

3 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone!
Update- Finally got all of the flooring out, figured out how to open all windows. Let me just say that I wish I had figured that out in July instead of October!

I moving on to panels and ceiling, but want to get the nasty glue around the edges of floor cleaned off. Anyone know what chemical I might use to make this stuff easier to scrape up? I know there has got to be something, but don't want to do the trial and error thing if someone who has done this before has a good idea! Please help!!