School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Everything Else | General Skoolie Discussions (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/)
-   -   Ceiling height of a 91/91 Wayne/International? (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/ceiling-height-of-a-91-91-wayne-international-19428.html)

NorthernExposure 09-29-2017 02:11 PM

Ceiling height of a 91/92 Wayne/International?

Hello Everybody:

I originally posted this in a different forum, but it's probably better posted here.
I've got a line on a 1991 ( or maybe it's a 1992 ) Wayne/International,
8 row school bus with a DTA360 and 5 speed transmission ( not sure if it's a Spicer, or
Eaton ). I won't get to see it for a couple of days, so I was wondering if anybody has any
knowledge about the Wayne Coaches. I assume it's a Wayne Lifeguard and I was
wandering what the cabin ceiling height might be - personally I'm hoping for something
in 2 meter ( 6' 6" ) range. Of all the buses I've looked at, this will be my first Wayne.

Thanks for your help.

NorthernExposure 10-08-2017 02:40 PM

Okay...
Not what you'd call an overwhelming response, but not a problem now as I've had a
chance to see the bus for myself and I will add a little bit of knowledge to our collective.

Turns out it is actually an 1989 International/ Wayne 48 passenger bus. Of the two roof
heights that are available in a Wayne Coach ( or at least that is the number I've been able
to find ) this bus had the low roof line and it measured approximately 72.5 inches - a
tad over six feet.

What the high roof line measures in at i could not tell you.

PNW_Steve 10-08-2017 02:44 PM

Congrats on the new bus!!

If I had room to park another one, I would be looking for one just like it. Unless.... I could find one with a DT466 and a 10 speed......

Rusty 10-08-2017 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this a private conversation with yourself? :rofl:

If you look at the rooflines, sometimes they will be higher in the back = more headroom. There is no easy way to tell without pics of actual bus.

Attachment 16321

NorthernExposure 10-08-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNW_Steve (Post 228079)
Congrats on the new bus!!

If I had room to park another one, I would be looking for one just like it. Unless.... I could find one with a DT466 and a 10 speed......

Thanks, Steve, but I didn't actually buy the bus ( still on the fence about that ), although
I do appreciate the sentiment.

NorthernExposure 10-08-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 228081)
Is this a private conversation with yourself? :rofl:

If you look at the rooflines, sometimes they will be higher in the back = more headroom. There is no easy way to tell without pics of actual bus.

Attachment 16321

Well, I've been told that I'm an excellent conversationalist, so I think it's quite natural that
I talk to myself.:biggrin:

PNW_Steve 10-08-2017 03:10 PM

IMHO: That is a great drivetrane in a mid sized bus.

Be careful. Ride the fence too long and you will get splinters...And someone else will get a nice bus ��

PNW_Steve 10-08-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernExposure (Post 228093)
Well, I've been told that I'm an excellent conversationalist, so I think it's quite natural that
I talk to myself.:biggrin:

Whatever it takes to insure an intelligent conversation.....