School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Everything Else | General Skoolie Discussions (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/)
-   -   What do we know about Skoolie Nation on Facebook (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/what-do-we-know-about-skoolie-nation-on-facebook-19962.html)

Twigg 10-31-2017 07:24 PM

What do we know about Skoolie Nation on Facebook

I got involved in a discussion, and because I didn't like some woman commenting on the size of parts of my anatomy, I received this message ... from her:

"The admin has temporarily turned off your ability to post or comment in the group until Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 6:51pm.

For those who are members, the thread is here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1sko...1333585366703/

She took issue with one small portion of a lengthy post, and went from rude to downright abuse for reasons I cannot discern.

Oh well.

spenceronehalf 10-31-2017 07:30 PM

I've found the most tumultuous FB group to be "Skoolie" -- they all have their various characters and character

EastCoastCB 10-31-2017 07:33 PM

We joined a "skoolie" group on FB. Buncha real dim folks on there.
This forum hasn't always been argument-free but the intelligence quotient here is much higher than the FB group.

The same kinds of folks I've been dealing with trying to sell a bus on CL.

Twigg 10-31-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 232143)
We joined a "skoolie" group on FB. Buncha real dim folks on there.
This forum hasn't always been argument-free but the intelligence quotient here is much higher than the FB group.

The same kinds of folks I've been dealing with trying to sell a bus on CL.

I usually join forums to get help, and give it where I can. I join FB Groupd simply to help, rarely do they give me much.

But this woman is crazy. Seriously, she imagined a slight then descended into personal abuse and banned my commenting when she figured out that I won't be bullied.

It's not worth my time.

Oh ... y'all can't see the contentious post because she deleted it, and all her abusive replies.

Twigg 10-31-2017 07:44 PM

I left the group. I don't do egos that size, and that fragile.

WanderWoman 10-31-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twigg (Post 232147)
I left the group. I don't do egos that size, and that fragile.

I left that group a while back because of that crap. And I left "Skoolie" after I gave the admin a piece of my mind :biggrin:

I love this group :dance:

turf 10-31-2017 08:14 PM

is that Theresa's group?

she has befriended and blocked me about half a dozen times. cross her and you get the boot from the group.

i used to try and stay in her good graces but its more fun to piss her off. i've been booted. :)

she complains about anybody that tries to help, plays the helpless woman, and the complains if you end up mansplaining something.

but she means well.

:)

EastCoastCB 10-31-2017 08:16 PM

I love "mansplaining". Its the best way of explaining stuff to chicks on fb!

Twigg 10-31-2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turf (Post 232156)
is that Theresa's group?

she has befriended and blocked me about half a dozen times. cross her and you get the boot from the group.

i used to try and stay in her good graces but its more fun to piss her off. i've been booted. :)

she complains about anybody that tries to help, plays the helpless woman, and the complains if you end up mansplaining something.

but she means well.

:)

Yes, that's the one.

I'm sorry, I don't think she means well. She imagined a slight and went full Linda Blair on me.

I won't go back, too much negativity.

WanderWoman 10-31-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastCB (Post 232157)
I love "mansplaining". Its the best way of explaining stuff to chicks on fb!

I'm going to PM Roxie and have her femsplain something over your head :biggrin::eek::facepalm:

xoxo

Twigg 10-31-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderWoman (Post 232159)
I'm going to PM Roxie and have her femsplain something over your head :biggrin::eek::facepalm:

xoxo

That was funny.

I have worked all my career with women smarter than me. I wouldn't dream of patronizing them.

I do know that Teresa will be pissed that I left before she could boot me though :D

WanderWoman 10-31-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twigg (Post 232160)
That was funny.

I have worked all my career with women smarter than me. I wouldn't dream of patronizing them.

I do know that Teresa will be pissed that I left before she could boot me though :D

I love CB, so he knows I"m joking (kinda, lol)...

I think you made the right move leaving the group. I leave groups all the time once the drama starts... there's a couple of single RVer groups on Facebook that get out of control... guys introduce themselves and suddenly they are being welcomed by buxom middle aged cougar's photos in the comment section. It's hysterical :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

This forum, for the most part, is pretty drama free and I've met (in real life) some amazing people from here!

Sandi

Twigg 10-31-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderWoman (Post 232161)
I love CB, so he knows I"m joking (kinda, lol)...

I think you made the right move leaving the group. I leave groups all the time once the drama starts... there's a couple of single RVer groups on Facebook that get out of control... guys introduce themselves and suddenly they are being welcomed by buxom middle aged cougar's photos in the comment section. It's hysterical :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

This forum, for the most part, is pretty drama free and I've met (in real life) some amazing people from here!

Sandi

It's been my experience, over many years, that Forums are better places for building relationships with like-minded people. It's something to do with the threaded nature of the conversations that allow more depth to discussions ... and people are now generally better behaved (I remember the ALT hierarchy of UseNet).

Nonetheless .... it's a Facebook Group ... about School Buses! Why there is any drama at all is beyond me.

One advantage that UseNet had, in part, was the fact that it couldn't be moderated, and newsreaders had "killfiles". As a group matured, the trolls and unhelpful contributors were soon outed, and sang to a diminishing audience.

ps ... I met the woman I have been married to for the last 13 years in one of those Newsgroups :)

EastCoastCB 10-31-2017 08:38 PM

Sandi's great. We absolutely LOVE her!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTb-JaAGaFQ

WanderWoman 10-31-2017 08:41 PM

I'm a feisty one! That's for sure... might see you in a couple of weeks!
xo

EastCoastCB 10-31-2017 08:59 PM

Always nice to see you!

turf 10-31-2017 09:00 PM

i got to meet Theresa a month or so ago. we've been friends since she got her bus. she is smart, capable and a little bit crazy. but now she doesnt talk to me again.

there is a "skoolienation" on instagram that is different than facebook. they are totally chill folks. i've met them also and would hang with the instagram skoolienation over the fb skoolienation any day.
:tongue:

Stu & Filo. T 10-31-2017 10:31 PM

I turned FB off 3 yrs ago,, Don't miss it

cadillackid 11-01-2017 07:45 AM

usenet - only thing useful on usenet was alt.binaries ...
-Christopher

Dog Rescuer 11-01-2017 09:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I moved into my bus to get away from Drama. I joined a few Facebook "Skoolie" groups - but they were mostly just people speaking out of places normal speak does come from... So I unfollowed them all.
This groups seems to have real people who actually have / had / or wish they had a school bus - versus the trolls.

I have learned so much here - and can't thank you all enough!!

I look forward to sharing stories - learning more - and maybe passing on some good advice here and there!

or just cute pictures...
Attachment 17011