School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f12/)
-   -   Pics uploaded to Skoolie aren't showing up. (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f12/pics-uploaded-to-skoolie-arent-showing-up-20756.html)

ben2go 01-14-2018 01:35 PM

Pics uploaded to Skoolie aren't showing up.
 
1 Attachment(s)
Pics posted directly to the forum are not showing up for me. Clicking on the bar to show larger doesn't help either. I am wondering if it is a browser setting that I have overlooked. I disabled my adblockers for Skoolie. :doh:

I am using Firefox 57.0.4. I also have the extension that allows viewing Photobucket hosted pics that have been disabled by PB. I have no problems viewing those or other 3rd party hosted pics.

I have a feeling Janet will be here to rescue me again. :thumb:

:Thanx:

ben2go 01-14-2018 09:34 PM

It's a browser problem on Linux systems causing pics to not show up.:banghead:

joeblack5 01-14-2018 09:38 PM

don't you hate that:biggrin:, you are doing the right thing but forces beyond you control are conspiring against you .. and so you are sucked back in.
If you find a solution let me know.

later J

WanderWoman 01-14-2018 11:15 PM

Get Tapatalk app on your phone... it's as easy as uploading pics on Facebook.
Sandi

ben2go 01-15-2018 12:40 PM

My fix is to use the browser I dislike the most, Chrome, to view the forum.


Quote:

Originally Posted by joeblack5 (Post 245453)
don't you hate that:biggrin:, you are doing the right thing but forces beyond you control are conspiring against you .. and so you are sucked back in.
If you find a solution let me know.

later J

It's frustrating for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderWoman (Post 245484)
Get Tapatalk app on your phone... it's as easy as uploading pics on Facebook.
Sandi

This isn't a post about uploading pics. I have flickr for that. I can't see pics that have been uploaded to the forum by other members. It a Firefox on Linux issue.

I hate tapatalk. It's a pain to keep up with threads and when I get a new post notification it takes me to the thread instead of where the new post is in the thread. With email notifications I can go right to the new post. That doesn't happen on my phone with email or using tapatalk. I'm a stickler for seamless moves through the forums.

Twigg 01-15-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 245588)

I hate tapatalk. It's a pain to keep up with threads and when I get a new post notification it takes me to the thread instead of where the new post is in the thread. With email notifications I can go right to the new post. That doesn't happen on my phone with email or using tapatalk. I'm a stickler for seamless moves through the forums.

Tend to agree. When I use my phone, I use the full site view.

ben2go 01-15-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twigg (Post 245590)
Tend to agree. When I use my phone, I use the full site view.

....:thumb:

joeblack5 01-16-2018 10:12 PM

ben,

i use firefox 57.04. no problems here. I upload my pictures to the skoolie photo album and copy from there into the post.

later J

ben2go 01-17-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeblack5 (Post 246095)
ben,

i use firefox 57.04. no problems here. I upload my pictures to the skoolie photo album and copy from there into the post.

later J

I am not having problems uploading pics. My problem is viewing pics that other member's upload to their threads or posts. Check my first post for a pic showing the problem. When I click the bar to view the pic, nothing happens. It seems to be a problem for Firefox running on Linux. Other computers I have tried show up as normal. My computer is the only one running Linux. It's the only thing that could be causing the issue.

MarkyDee 01-17-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 246193)
I am not having problems uploading pics. My problem is viewing pics that other member's upload to their threads or posts. Check my first post for a pic showing the problem. When I click the bar to view the pic, nothing happens. It seems to be a problem for Firefox running on Linux. Other computers I have tried show up as normal. My computer is the only one running Linux. It's the only thing that could be causing the issue.

Do you have a javascript disabler like "NoScript" running?

MarkyDee 01-17-2018 04:04 PM

BTW, I use Firefox on Linux (Kubuntu 16.04 specifically) and Android, along with "HTTPS Everywhere" and "NoScript" (on all) and don't have a problem seeing pics.

ben2go 01-17-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyDee (Post 246230)
Do you have a javascript disabler like "NoScript" running?

No. I have nothing to stop Javascript from running. I had to check to be sure it isn't allowed by default in this newer version of Firefox. Was a good thought.

ben2go 01-21-2018 03:29 PM

Now I can't hotlink a pic to a forum post in Chrome or FF. The link is there with the proper IMG code but the pic doesn't show up.

https://media.giphy.com/media/RIS1sypJ2Vfwc/giphy.gif


There should be a pic right above this.

o1marc 01-21-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 247092)
Now I can't hotlink a pic to a forum post in Chrome or FF. The link is there with the proper IMG code but the pic doesn't show up.

https://media.giphy.com/media/RIS1sypJ2Vfwc/giphy.gif


There should be a pic right above this.

No pic, but a GIF

ben2go 01-21-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o1marc (Post 247094)
No pic, but a GIF

Yes a gif. Is it showing for you?

o1marc 01-21-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 247098)
Yes a gif. Is it showing for you?

How would I now it's a gif if I couldn't see it? :facepalm:
Newman shrugging.:thumb:

ben2go 01-21-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o1marc (Post 247100)
How would I now it's a gif if I couldn't see it? :facepalm:
Newman shrugging.:thumb:

Sometimes the code shows up but no pic or gif. :thumb:

ben2go 01-21-2018 03:52 PM

I just switched from Chrome browser to Firefox and it shows up. This is getting frustrating. :banghead:

o1marc 01-21-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2go (Post 247102)
Sometimes the code shows up but no pic or gif. :thumb:

Are you having issues seeing it on a PC or lap top, or on a pad or tablet?
I've noticed others here posting links to pics or site, but the links aren't live.

ben2go 01-21-2018 04:00 PM

I still can see pics that are directly uploaded to the forum. :nonono:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.