School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   On the Road | Travel, Trips, Camp Sites, Tailgates (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f20/)
-   -   Need a tow? (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f20/need-a-tow-21087.html)

BigDeb68 02-09-2018 10:10 AM

Need a tow?

Anyone have any suggestions as far as tow or roadside assistance for a skoolie bus with reasonable rates and service options? (I am in FL) and how do skoolies deal with breakdowns on the road. anything i should know when considering tow'ers? :dance:

o1marc 02-09-2018 10:17 AM

Good Sam Club, AAA

Robin97396 02-09-2018 10:22 AM

I second the Good Sam towing insurance. They will try to gain your business on vehicular insurance too.

o1marc 02-09-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin97396 (Post 251308)
I second the Good Sam towing insurance. They will try to gain your business on vehicular insurance too.

How are their rates compared to others? Their name hasn't come up with any of the insurance issue threads.

Robin97396 02-09-2018 10:48 AM

I keep getting offers to call in and get a rate quote. I haven't done that yet since I'm paid up for at least another 8 months.

I agree, they don't seem to come up on a normal insurance search. Maybe it's by offer only? I don't know how they screen drivers.

evathedefiler 02-09-2018 11:38 AM

When I looked into Good Sam insurance on their site, I was redirected to GMAC. You might get something different depending on your state.

Robin97396 02-09-2018 01:34 PM

I haven't looked into Good Sam insurance at all. They seem to have bad timing as far as renewing my insurance policy. I started receiving vehicle insurance offers from them about six months after I bought their premium towing package. Getting towed just once can cost more than three years of towing insurance.

I'm cheap, and used vehicles are going to have problems at some point so I like knowing that little portion is covered.

CoryBodiker 07-15-2018 07:24 AM

Just wondering do any of you not have towing through your insurance and if you don’t why not ? And when I asked my insurance about how many times/miles they said you can have as many tows as you need but long as they are for different reasons like a bad fuel pump ,water pump, injector so on and on.... but you have to show them receipts of the different problems. If not you only get one for a mechanical breakdown and a flat tire and that was it. And the mileage was whatever you needed to do/go. And the cost of insurance is so low for full coverage mine is $312 a year its a no-brainer to get it and it has a bunch of extra stuff with it too. But that’s what I think about what you should do about covering yourself for that incident. Hope it was helpful or gave you some insight.

o1marc 07-15-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoryBodiker (Post 280641)
Just wondering do any of you not have towing through your insurance and if you donít why not ? And when I asked my insurance about how many times/miles they said you can have as many tows as you need but long as they are for different reasons like a bad fuel pump ,water pump, injector so on and on.... but you have to show them receipts of the different problems. If not you only get one for a mechanical breakdown and a flat tire and that was it. And the mileage was whatever you needed to do/go. And the cost of insurance is so low for full coverage mine is $312 a year its a no-brainer to get it and it has a bunch of extra stuff with it too. But thatís what I think about what you should do about covering yourself for that incident. Hope it was helpful or gave you some insight.

So if I broke down in L.A. they would tow me home to Atl. for free? What's the name of this magic insurance company? Everyones insurance covers what they will tow differently.

plfking 07-15-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o1marc (Post 280665)
So if I broke down in L.A. they would tow me home to Atl. for free? What's the name of this magic insurance company?

As multi-talented as you claim to be, why would you ever need a tow?