School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Conversion General Discussions (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/)
-   -   What Is This? (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/what-is-this-21478.html)

PDX-Janel 03-04-2018 06:43 PM

What Is This?
 
Hello Friends.... What is this? GPS tracker? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bb0eabc509.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thomas1985 03-04-2018 06:56 PM

Burn it! Send it to hell!

PDX-Janel 03-04-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas1985 (Post 257143)
Burn it! Send it to hell!

??

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

karrlot 03-04-2018 07:25 PM

It's a McDonald's. It is a restaurant. I don't think they track anything. If you get hungry go there and they will sell you a hamburger.

plfking 03-04-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDX-Janel (Post 257139)
Hello Friends.... What is this? GPS tracker? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bb0eabc509.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's a McDonalds. They sell hamburgers and fries and such. :smile:

Robin97396 03-04-2018 07:59 PM

I'd rather have a Carlose Junior outside my bus window.

Could that device be one of the things that turns red lights green, like the firetrucks have?

PNW_Steve 03-04-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin97396 (Post 257169)
I'd rather have a Carlose Junior outside my bus window.

Could that device be one of the things that turns red lights green, like the firetrucks have?

I suspect that if it was that it would point out the windshield not the side window.

Maybe an external GPS antenna?

Robin97396 03-04-2018 08:22 PM

I think you're right.

Interesting that they'd need a tracking device as an add on item.

PNW_Steve 03-04-2018 08:47 PM

They are pretty common.

We called them "tattletales". The ones that we installed plugged into the OBDII or J1939 ports and monitored location, speed and many engine parameters.

The would tattle on you for making personal stops, speeding, overheating the rig etc.

PDX-Janel 03-04-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNW_Steve (Post 257183)
They are pretty common.

We called them "tattletales". The ones that we installed plugged into the OBDII or J1939 ports and monitored location, speed and many engine parameters.

The would tattle on you for making personal stops, speeding, overheating the rig etc.

Thank you so much for the information!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kubla 03-04-2018 09:04 PM

you should leave it hooked up, will drive some supervisor nuts when he sees the readings

one of the trucks I delivered back in the 90's had one of the early satellite tracking/communications systems in it and I got a message while driving wondering why the hell I was in state and not other state and why I had not dropped off my load yet, I replied that I was the driver delivering the new truck and I did not have a load to drop off, did not hear back from them

PDX-Janel 03-04-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubla (Post 257191)
you should leave it hooked up, will drive some supervisor nuts when he sees the readings

one of the trucks I delivered back in the 90's had one of the early satellite tracking/communications systems in it and I got a message while driving wondering why the hell I was in state and not other state and why I had not dropped off my load yet, I replied that I was the driver delivering the new truck and I did not have a load to drop off, did not hear back from them

So funny!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.