School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   International | Navistar Drivetrain (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f37/)
-   -   what is the model of this allison transmission (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f37/what-is-the-model-of-this-allison-transmission-21570.html)

burley bus 03-09-2018 10:38 PM

what is the model of this allison transmission
 
6 Attachment(s)
just picked up my new bus today, got in it and drove it 500 yards and brake pedal went to floor popped two bake lines.limped it back to the yard I bought it at and drove to a advanced auto bought all the stuff to repair it and when I got back I notice there was a shop behind the house got lucky the rech. jumped of the job he was on and fixed me up in about an hour and I was of again. just to find that both rear calipers were hanging up and holding the bus back it wouldnt go over 35mph. let it sit to cool of and kept working the pedal after doing this 2 times they freed up and I was off again running up to 65mph at 36-37 hundred rpm backed it down to 55-60 got home checked my mpg 7.2 so Im looking for a 5 or 6 speed trans is this one that I can use heard it came from a 68 well drilling truck with a chevy 454 guy said it shifted good but he doesnt know what model the trans is but said it has no electronics does anyone know the model and if it will work in a 2000 bluebird with a 444e engine thanks in advance this is all new to me but I know I want better mpg any sug.

Jdawgsfanasty 03-10-2018 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burley bus (Post 258426)
just picked up my new bus today, got in it and drove it 500 yards and brake pedal went to floor popped two bake lines.limped it back to the yard I bought it at and drove to a advanced auto bought all the stuff to repair it and when I got back I notice there was a shop behind the house got lucky the rech. jumped of the job he was on and fixed me up in about an hour and I was of again. just to find that both rear calipers were hanging up and holding the bus back it wouldnt go over 35mph. let it sit to cool of and kept working the pedal after doing this 2 times they freed up and I was off again running up to 65mph at 36-37 hundred rpm backed it down to 55-60 got home checked my mpg 7.2 so Im looking for a 5 or 6 speed trans is this one that I can use heard it came from a 68 well drilling truck with a chevy 454 guy said it shifted good but he doesnt know what model the trans is but said it has no electronics does anyone know the model and if it will work in a 2000 bluebird with a 444e engine thanks in advance this is all new to me but I know I want better mpg any sug.

Hmm...looks like a mechanical shifter...I'll be watching because I'm curious too

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

Ronnie 03-10-2018 05:20 AM

someone spray painted over the model number tag, clean it off and it should say. Drivers side, lower rear corner, just above the filter

Jdawgsfanasty 03-10-2018 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie (Post 258444)
someone spray painted over the model number tag, clean it off and it should say. Drivers side, lower rear corner, just above the filter

On the tail end...is that a guard or a retarder?

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

Ronnie 03-10-2018 05:57 AM

parking brake, or whats left of it

Jdawgsfanasty 03-10-2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie (Post 258446)
parking brake, or whats left of it

Thx...That's actually a pretty logical place to put a PB...unless you lose a universal joint...

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

Tango 03-10-2018 09:23 AM

The U-Joint will be behind the park/emergency brake so yes...should you lose the connection to the rear axle...no more brake. There are also brakes that mount on the rear axle for just that reason.

RRRVBUS 03-10-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdawgsfanasty (Post 258449)
Thx...That's actually a pretty logical place to put a PB...unless you lose a universal joint...

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

The MH Iím pulling parts from has that type E brake. I lost the wheel bearing on the driver rear and ended up having to hold the brake pedal until my wife got out and found a rock to put in front of the tire. Terrible system.

Kubla 03-10-2018 11:18 AM

That transmission will not have overdrive and has a PTO, looks like a version of the MT643

Jdawgsfanasty 03-10-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubla (Post 258479)
That transmission will not have overdrive and has a PTO, looks like a version of the MT643

Is it a mechanical shifter?

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.