School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   On the Road | Travel, Trips, Camp Sites, Tailgates (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f20/)
-   -   Indiana Skoolie and bus rally July 26th to 28th (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f20/indiana-skoolie-and-bus-rally-july-26th-to-28th-25412.html)

miltruckman 01-08-2019 12:24 AM

Indiana Skoolie and bus rally July 26th to 28th

I talked to my wife and we decided we can host a bus get together last weekend in July. Our kids will be out of school on summer break and it will be the perfect time.

We moved down from Michigan last fall and it will be great to get to know some fellow bus owners down here and compare notes and exchange ideas.

We have 5.5 acres and I figure that we can park several buses in the back yard. We have an old barn out back with a lean to on the side that will be perfect to hang out under.

Iíll bring in a couple of porta potties for extra facilities. And we can also have a bonfire.
Probably a potluck Saturday night would be a good plan too.

It will be Boondocking as I donít have any hookups. But we do have a well and water spigot people can fill up with.

When summer arrives Iíll drive my bus back there to confirm the ground is firm enough to handle the weight without getting stuck. My bus weighs over 26,500 lbs.(I do have an army truck to pull it back out if it doesnít go well. I think it will though)

We are about 1.5 miles north of Loves truck stop just off I65 at the Whitestown exit on the north west side of Indianapolis.

Let me know if you are interested so I can plan it better.

Bill and Bonnie Prestin
2555 S 400 E
Lebanon, IN 46052

wunderhut 01-08-2019 04:21 AM

I think there is already a skoolie and bus meetup going on that same weekend at chain o lakes state park.

wunderhut 01-08-2019 04:23 AM

https://www.facebook.com/events/328809777959165/?ti=cl

somewhereinusa 01-08-2019 06:15 AM

I've already committed to go to the one in Chain O Lakes that weekend. Perhaps another weekend? I would be hard pressed to get mumsywumsy to go anywhere in July without AC anyway.

Ciscokid 01-08-2019 06:56 AM

Indiana Skoolie rally

We would be glad to come. Count us in whatever date you decide just let us know!!

oredigger 01-08-2019 07:01 AM

Count us in as well.

cadillackid 01-08-2019 07:10 AM

which weekend? im kind of confused now.. should I be going by the facebook? my annual; christmas convention is july 17-20 in lancaster PA, is the skoolie meetup the following weekend?

chain-o-lakes sounds like fun, someone had mentioned they have cabins there but I havent foiund info about that.. I was going to rent a cabin for those of us more bus-enthusiast to have a place to crash, shower, and the like..

fort wayne is close enough that its easy to find myself a hotel within a short drive.. but would be more fiun if there are cabins in the park to rent.
-Christopher

cadillackid 01-08-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miltruckman (Post 304119)
I talked to my wife and we decided we can host a bus get together last weekend in July. Our kids will be out of school on summer break and it will be the perfect time.

We moved down from Michigan last fall and it will be great to get to know some fellow bus owners down here and compare notes and exchange ideas.

We have 5.5 acres and I figure that we can park several buses in the back yard. We have an old barn out back with a lean to on the side that will be perfect to hang out under.

Iíll bring in a couple of porta potties for extra facilities. And we can also have a bonfire.
Probably a potluck Saturday night would be a good plan too.

It will be Boondocking as I donít have any hookups. But we do have a well and water spigot people can fill up with.

When summer arrives Iíll drive my bus back there to confirm the ground is firm enough to handle the weight without getting stuck. My bus weighs over 26,500 lbs.(I do have an army truck to pull it back out if it doesnít go well. I think it will though)

We are about 1.5 miles north of Loves truck stop just off I65 at the Whitestown exit on the north west side of Indianapolis.

Let me know if you are interested so I can plan it better.

Bill and Bonnie Prestin
2555 S 400 E
Lebanon, IN 46052

I got fuel at that Love's on my way back from my wisconsin RedByrd trip in December..

miltruckman 01-08-2019 08:11 AM

I didn’t know about the “chain-o-Lakes rally.

That is awkward.

I could do it a different weekend in July.

Any suggestions?

Bill

azjohn 01-08-2019 11:31 AM

The distance from Chain O Lakes state park in Illinois to miltruckman's address is 236 miles, or 3 hours 38 mins driving time (google maps data).
I live in the Chicago area, far nearer to Chain O Lakes, but if i have to choose between the two locations, I would opt for miltruckman's get together on that day because I don't have many opportunities to hang out on a 5.5 acre piece of land with a barn. It sounds nice.
John

somewhereinusa 01-08-2019 12:43 PM

The Chain O Lakes is an Indiana State Park near Albion, IN.

azjohn 01-08-2019 01:20 PM

OH, thanks. I thought the event was at the Chain o Lakes state park in IL.

Kubla 01-08-2019 07:17 PM

I will come, I can not see the chain of lakes event, says I don't have permission

miltruckman 01-08-2019 08:15 PM

You are kind John, but I could move it to July 12, 13, and 14th.

What does everyone think of that?

Bill

ashley 01-19-2019 04:50 PM

I'm tentitive depending on the state of my bus [emoji23]

Depends on how put together is it by then...happy to drive it down.

somewhereinusa 01-19-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubla (Post 304278)
I will come, I can not see the chain of lakes event, says I don't have permission

Did you join the group?

schoolbuscraig 01-19-2019 06:11 PM

I am unable to see the Chain O Lakes event either. Is it listed on one of the group sites?

somewhereinusa 01-19-2019 07:12 PM

Do a search in Facebook for "midwest skoolie and bus meetup group" you have to join the group to see the posts.

Seriousracer 01-20-2019 10:07 AM

Need to check the race and rally schedule.

Dogs ok ??

miltruckman 01-20-2019 11:21 AM

Yes, dogs are fine as long as they are friendly.