School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/)
-   -   HELP! SEARCHING FOR Short or 3/4 Skoolie (SEE POST FOR DETAILS) (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/help-searching-for-short-or-3-4-skoolie-see-post-for-details-26541.html)

Happy2BHere 04-09-2019 07:12 PM

HELP! SEARCHING FOR Short or 3/4 Skoolie (SEE POST FOR DETAILS)
 
Hey there! We are searching for a short or 3/4 length school bus to convert ourselves or one that is already converted to be a full time home for us and our dogs!

*Regular Bus -- $3000ish or Under Budget
*Converted Bus -- $10-15ish or Under Budget

Wishlist:
*Diesel 7.3 BUT NOT OPPOSED TO GAS ENGINE
*Handicap Lift (Working or Not; We just want the extra door.) - NOT A DEAL BREAKER
*Under 250K-ish for a diesel but the less the better. We would hope for less on a gas engine. Obviously open to all suggestions though (we know our budget isn't awesome).
.... I think that's it.

Located in GA but willing to travel to the right bus (Duh!).

Sidenote: We are super excited to start this journey, happy we found this forum with all these resources!

Thanks in advance for your help!
- M & J :smile:

o1marc 04-09-2019 07:47 PM

Where in Ga.?

Dragon 04-10-2019 03:00 AM

I have a converted shortie and a '69 Winnebago Brave with a brand new engine you might be interested in. Let me know and I'll post pics.

Happy2BHere 04-10-2019 09:46 AM

I would love to see photos of the skoolie and get more info!

coviatt 04-15-2019 11:03 AM

Hi there! We actually have a converted Skoolie we are trying to sell that fits most of your wants! We have a 28ft converted Skoolie that indeed has the extra door. It is a great size, as it is smaller and easier to drive. We love ours, but have a baby now, and it just isn't quite as practical anymore. With a little TLC on the interior, it could be an AWESOME bus. We already think it is pretty great. :) Obviously GA is far from Oregon, but we'd also be willing to make a little road trip to see our bus go to the right hands!

Some specs: T444E Diesel, Ford International, Brakes & Tires nearly brand new. Let me know if you'd like more information!

We were actually featured in the "Bus Conversion Magazine" if you want to check out that posting for more info on the bus. The article begins on page 4.

https://www.busconversionmagazine.co...2019-JE-SD.pdf

SmallGirlSmallBus 05-07-2019 07:30 PM

Hi from Colorado! I am parting with my '91 Chevy BlueBird MiniBus conversion. She has a lot of what you are looking for. It is gas, but has a lot of brand new appliances and features. She isn't the shiniest looking build on this site, but certainly has potential. Let me know if you are interested :)
Cheers,
-Caitlin

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/ti...bus-26955.html

peteg59 05-07-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coviatt (Post 320023)
Hi there! We actually have a converted Skoolie we are trying to sell that fits most of your wants! We have a 28ft converted Skoolie that indeed has the extra door. It is a great size, as it is smaller and easier to drive. We love ours, but have a baby now, and it just isn't quite as practical anymore. With a little TLC on the interior, it could be an AWESOME bus. We already think it is pretty great. :) Obviously GA is far from Oregon, but we'd also be willing to make a little road trip to see our bus go to the right hands!

Some specs: T444E Diesel, Ford International, Brakes & Tires nearly brand new. Let me know if you'd like more information!

We were actually featured in the "Bus Conversion Magazine" if you want to check out that posting for more info on the bus. The article begins on page 4.

https://www.busconversionmagazine.co...2019-JE-SD.pdf

Interesting article. Looks like you had your fun with it!
It seems to be in a state of finish, that someone could easily regroup some of the interior to better accommodate their needs without a major teardown/rebuild.
A few ?'s to enhance the chances of your sale:
* What transmission model is in it?
* Is the chair lift still onboard?
* What are you asking for it?

coviatt 05-08-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peteg59 (Post 324223)
Interesting article. Looks like you had your fun with it!
It seems to be in a state of finish, that someone could easily regroup some of the interior to better accommodate their needs without a major teardown/rebuild.
A few ?'s to enhance the chances of your sale:
* What transmission model is in it?
* Is the chair lift still onboard?
* What are you asking for it?

^I hope I am replying properly. Still getting used to this format! It is in an excellent state and could easily be revamped to suit someone's personal needs. We've discussed moving around our interior a bit, and it would be pretty easy to do. I think you could even fit a booth/dinette in the back where we currently have the leaf table.

I did post our bus for sale on here as well in the classifieds, but thanks for the questions!
*The transmission is automatic, T444E motor
*Chair lift is not still onboard, but the door is still there and functional
*Asking $14,000 OBO

born2bfree 05-10-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy2BHere (Post 319007)
Hey there! We are searching for a short or 3/4 length school bus to convert ourselves or one that is already converted to be a full time home for us and our dogs!

*Regular Bus -- $3000ish or Under Budget
*Converted Bus -- $10-15ish or Under Budget

Wishlist:
*Diesel 7.3 BUT NOT OPPOSED TO GAS ENGINE
*Handicap Lift (Working or Not; We just want the extra door.) - NOT A DEAL BREAKER
*Under 250K-ish for a diesel but the less the better. We would hope for less on a gas engine. Obviously open to all suggestions though (we know our budget isn't awesome).
.... I think that's it.

Located in GA but willing to travel to the right bus (Duh!).

Sidenote: We are super excited to start this journey, happy we found this forum with all these resources!

Thanks in advance for your help!
- M & J :smile:

Here are some 7.3 shorties in San Diego, https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/...880515624.html

8Finger Jack 05-20-2019 07:45 PM

2 Short Buses for Sale Georgia
 
1 Attachment(s)
I have to short Buses for Sale....Willacoochee, GA


Yellow 1988 GMC Cutaway Detroit Diesel 6.2
White 1995 Chev Cutaway Detroit Diesel 6.5


$1,000 for both or $700.00 each


Contact Jack 912-327-2581

Lbickham 08-24-2019 03:59 PM

Are you still looking? I know this is old. We have a 2001 Thomas/Bluebird, semi-short(30ft) handicap, 7.3. AT 545, <200,000 miles, 90% converted, Franklin, Va. Can send pics.

richellekohler 08-26-2019 09:31 PM

Please add pics...I for one would love to see it :biggrin:

Lbickham 08-27-2019 05:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some old pics. Itís been redone. Soon, Iím gonna make a for sale ad.

jdub79 09-01-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by born2bfree (Post 324762)
Here are some 7.3 shorties in San Diego, https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/...880515624.html

Did these sell? Link doesnít work for me. :oops:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.