School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/)
-   -   4 Repurposed School Buses for Sale From Our Fleet (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/4-repurposed-school-buses-for-sale-from-our-fleet-27105.html)

JumpOnTheSchoolBus 05-20-2019 05:16 PM

Thanks for your comments yes optimistic and willing to accept offers, I do realize that half the asking price may be all I'm offered as mentioned in the post above...

It is notable that the sterio systems and practiaclly new tires all around is close to 5k in value. Also the seating layouts are turn key if someone wanted to use it as a party bus that cost us 3k in fabrication and installation....

It's really hard to figure the value so I am open to suggestions on asking price.. or will take best offer... Thanks again for your comments...

o1marc 05-20-2019 05:40 PM

Not hard for us to place values on them as we deal with them everyday.
IMHO:
Voyager: Typically purchased y members here in the $1500-$3000 range.

California: Since you listed the model of trans in the Voyager, I'm guessing this one has a 545. I would price it from $1500-$2500

Victory: 28 years old, correct mileage. I would put this at $1500-$2500

Constellation: No info on drivetrain. I would put this one as the same as the other 2000, around $1500-$2500
You list them all as fair condition with "like new" tires, unless you have $3k stereos in them you'ld have a tough time claiming $5k for those. Even if they were both brand new you could'nt claim they have the same value used. Some would be willing to pay $1k more than me, still puts them at less than half your asking price. Just sayin :thumb:

peteg59 05-20-2019 06:26 PM

Those are up there in price for sure. Maybe folks in California are ok with them?
But if they need to leave the state in order to stay on the road, there has to be some consolation in pricing to appeal to "the masses" elsewhere.
Perhaps you can remove the stereo gear and any other peripheral, non essential items other than tires, to recoup some of your $$?
Good luck on your sales...

JumpOnTheSchoolBus 05-20-2019 07:00 PM

peteg59 and o1marc... Great feedback! Thanks so much :-) I definitely appreciate your wisdom and insight...

Maybe we'll just keep them, register them with my mom in Washigton State, turn them into conversions for rent to drive up and down the pac west :-))) . That way they'll still be my little money makers... :-)))

cadillackid 05-20-2019 07:14 PM

wow.. those prices and not even Air-conditioning!! the stereo systems are worth maybe $500.. perhaps less for someone doingf a conversion as the speaker placement may not work well for conversion busses..

as party busses, I know someone looking to buy a couple runnable party busses. (pass inspection in Ohio).. however no one wants to pay rent for a bus that has just school seats and no air-conditioner..

peteg59 05-20-2019 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JumpOnTheSchoolBus (Post 326676)
Maybe we'll just keep them, register them with my mom in Washigton State, turn them into conversions for rent to drive up and down the pac west :-))) . That way they'll still be my little money makers... :-)))

My further $0.02: Keep them on ebay and wherever else you feel reaches the widest audience for 90 days.
If after that time you haven't had any sales or " serious nibbles", go ahead with your idea on out of state relocation.
After you've made your initial investment back in rentals and also to include the stereo, tires, etc., then sell for best offers?

brokedown 05-21-2019 12:47 PM

My advice would be to list these buses on the various Facebook skoolie groups. It's a very different crowd there. We like to buy buses at auction, for auction prices, ready to tear them apart and strip them to shells. Folks on Facebook seem to be more interested in dealer level prices. Check out skoolie and schoolieplanet groups as a start. Also, list your buses on Facebook marketplace, we bought our current bus through it and sold our previous bus on it. Mention the new tires and the condition of the paint job (black paint is a bad idea for a skoolie but not being yellow is still a feature)!