School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Titles, Insurance, Registration and Money Matters (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f18/)
-   -   Any advice on insuring a shuttle bus conversion in Oregon? (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f18/any-advice-on-insuring-a-shuttle-bus-conversion-in-oregon-28655.html)

ShuttleBusCouple 09-17-2019 01:37 PM

Any advice on insuring a shuttle bus conversion in Oregon?

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone!
I recently bought a shuttle bus and am converting it to a mobile living bus. I have run into a roadblock while trying to find a company that will insure my vehicle. I keep hearing that "it isn't common enough for them to insure it". Does anyone here have any experience with this? Maybe some advice on how I should go about doing this, or what you might have done? I'd sure appreciate it!

Thank you so much,
ShuttleBusCouple

Danjo 09-17-2019 01:48 PM

Did you try National General?

ShuttleBusCouple 09-17-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danjo (Post 349055)
Did you try National General?

Thanks so much for the reply! I just went through national general and it prompted me to progressive. Unfortunately I've already been turned down by progressive

leadsled01 09-17-2019 02:45 PM

Each state is different. I have mine insured as a motorhome in Ohio. I tried to change insurance companies and progressive wouldn't touch it because the VIN comes up as cutaway even though the title says MH. Call an agent and tell them its just a van. Don't tell them anything else.

john61ct 09-17-2019 03:12 PM

Ask around for a conversion-friendly local agent, they should have several companies they can negotiate with.

Keeno777 09-19-2019 12:44 AM

Actually I just purchased my second Skoolie here in Illinois and found an agent through earlier posts on this forum. She is in Florida and she transferred me directly to a State Farm agent in Illinois who was extemely Skoolie friendly. Info is on this website she apparently found a niche in the industry making a killing insureing Skoolie. As the market is growing. If I find her name will post. I found this info on this thread.

PNW_Steve 09-19-2019 11:15 AM

I have had good experiences with State Farm insuring my buses as well.

Keeno777 09-30-2019 02:35 AM

Insurance info correctio

O.K. sorry for previous mis information. I have been little ill lately. My info of contact for what was for me super easy insurance in Illinois. Britny Turber of Allstate Ins. 618-257-9558. Now originally I got number from previous post on this thread from agent in Florida. The agent in Florida gave me Britny's number. So for any state I would call Britny as they network. Also I registered with Vermont approx. 8 17 2019 received in mail only tags 9-18-2019. 3 days later I received registration and tag sticker in separate mail. I thought I would receive title back as I have a 2005 bus , but received a transferable registration
but whats the difference ? I guess I just like how the formal title was so much purtier. :smile::biggrin: