School Bus Conversion Resources

School Bus Conversion Resources (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/)
-   Conversion General Discussions (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/)
-   -   Contract a Skoolie? (http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/contract-a-skoolie-9655.html)

Beemobile 10-04-2014 09:00 AM

Contract a Skoolie?

Hello everyone!

This is one of my first posts on the forum. I am thinking about moving into a skoolie at some point in the not so distant future. I know pretty much exactly what I want, but I have a lot on my plate. I have a good job so money isn't the issue, it's just time. I'm wondering if there are people here that would do a contract deal. I pay a fixed, agreed upon price upfront, and then <1 year later move into the bus built to my specifications. Im not much of a hobbyist, so to me this would be the better solution. As for time-frame I wouldn't expect to actually get serious about this until at least three years from now. This is simply me just testing the waters. Of course if no one is interested, I can always do it myself, but to me paying extra is worth not having to worry about it. I dont want to scam anyone. I want to make sure they come out with plenty of money for their time, I just personally would rather spend what extra time I do have elsewhere.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any feedback I get!

CEJ

bansil 10-04-2014 10:59 AM

Re: Contract a Skoolie?

only issue I see, is folks having time to do it, and if they have time, it doesn't cost so much it hurts your margin

how "fancy" of a build you want?

Something like mine?
or
Like BrownCrowns or the countless other over the top gorgeous buses or the new one from a week ago

lornaschinske 10-04-2014 03:20 PM

Lots of converted buses on the 'net. Buy one of them. We have a lot of sweat equity and under $8K invested in our bus. If we were to convert the equivalent of our bus we would ask $30K for labour plus materials.

turf 10-04-2014 05:59 PM

wow! if someone else was footing the bill, it might seem like fun :)

Beemobile 10-04-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turf
wow! if someone else was footing the bill, it might seem like fun :)

Do you think a year is enough time from start to finish? Id like to get the newest (or at least most reliable) bus I can

Beemobile 10-04-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bansil
only issue I see, is folks having time to do it, and if they have time, it doesn't cost so much it hurts your margin

how "fancy" of a build you want?

Something like mine?
or
Like BrownCrowns or the countless other over the top gorgeous buses or the new one from a week ago

Well its for fulltime living, and if possible id like water (possibly grey/black water too) and a generatior and if at all possible I want it to reliable enough that I dont really have to worry about it.

lornaschinske 10-04-2014 11:37 PM

If you are serious about someone else converting your school bus for you contact North Florida Bus Conversion. I know he does highway coaches and is partial to MCI's but he may do a skoolie.

keith 10-05-2014 12:30 PM

I build customs conversion here in GA ,,I build these to the custmer spec only ,iam not a cookie cutter. I have build 6 bus's in the past 10 yrs.. a bus build will take up to a yr to build and sometimes more..i don't rush and cut corners..i use all 2x4 in the build. keith

Beemobile 10-06-2014 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith
I build customs conversion here in GA ,,I build these to the custmer spec only ,iam not a cookie cutter. I have build 6 bus's in the past 10 yrs.. a bus build will take up to a yr to build and sometimes more..i don't rush and cut corners..i use all 2x4 in the build. keith

Can you provide me with some links of your past work?

boojiewoojie 11-01-2014 09:23 PM

Hey, where in TN are you? I might be interested in helping out.