Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2015, 07:33 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 83
PA Newbie

Wow, what a great site. I just bought a bus. I won't get it for about 3 weeks as it is in AR and I am in PA. Is anyone near Johnstown, PA? I'm pretty good at mechanical things so if you're close and need some help just drop me a line and I would be glad to help. I think this is going to be a wonderful experience, can't wait.

Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:51 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

hiya! my husband and i live outside of Lancaster. Good luck with your project.
true is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
Wow, what a great site. I just bought a bus. I won't get it for about 3 weeks as it is in AR and I am in PA. Is anyone near Johnstown, PA? I'm pretty good at mechanical things so if you're close and need some help just drop me a line and I would be glad to help. I think this is going to be a wonderful experience, can't wait.
Have you looked into the title? If its owned by a school then there may be trouble. in Ar, buses aren't titled, as far as I know. So you may want to hit their local dmv or call. Just a thought, hope all is well.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:00 PM   #4
Skoolie

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Have you looked into the title? If its owned by a school then there may be trouble. in Ar, buses aren't titled, as far as I know. So you may want to hit their local dmv or call. Just a thought, hope all is well.
The bus is from OK, now owned by an individual in AR. I talked with my notary that looked at the title and she said that there would not be a problem. Thanks for the heads up.
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:31 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Yep, just looking out. The paperwork and legal end can be VERY intimidating, Good thing you thought ahead and looked into that stuff FIRST.
One of the Ar auctions I was recently watching was very stern about how hard it is getting a district owned bus titled. They said there was one office that knew how to do it.
When I got my bus in Ky, they wanted me to drive all the way across the state for a temp tag. I chanced it and drove it home without one. 800 miles. was a bit nerve racking.
Hope you totally enjoy the bus. I hope it makes you smile ear to ear and look all silly like mine does for me!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote