Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

New Alaska Cool Bus

Hey Everybody,
I just discovered this forum not too long ago. I bought a 1994 Carpenter Mini bus that is on a chevy chassis. I bought the thing one night when I was browsing craigslist and drinking beer. I had seen her for over $2,000 earlier in the day and thought it was pretty sweet. Later that night my friend came over after a coupe beers wanted to show him how awesome this short bus was, and WHAM-O! The same bus was on there for only $600 bones. Needless to say I went and bought her that night .
To my surprise everything works on it too. The engine (350 Small Block I believe) only has 50,000 miles on it and is in pretty good shape except for the tires are pretty work out and the gas cap is broken. It came with all of the seats out of it as well and already had plywood floors with insulation underneath. The problem was there was a a lot of moisture that entered from the holes that were used to originally mount the seats. So I took the old warped floor boards and wet insulation out and ground all of the rust off, then patched the big holes and sealed the small bolt holes with a contact adhesive. I painted over everything with Rustoleum and Im currently at the point of putting the new floors in.
I will be looking for some advice in the future, so I will make a post with some pictures and progress with the cool bus.

Thanks a lot

Tanner

Old 12-20-2014, 03:59 AM   #2
Skoolie

Wow sounds like you scored big time. Amazing what you can come up on if you're in the right place at the right time with a handful of cash. You'll find a ton of knowledge here, and some really cool people. Welcome to the forums, you've come to the right place.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:43 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Great buy, and welcome!
I've found the best deals to be had on shorties. As little as 300-500 sometimes!
Excellent score, and you did the right thing by getting on it as soon as the deal popped up.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote