Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Spartan (I think)
Engine: Cummins BT-6
Rated Cap: 72
Talk About Getting Attention!

I would love to own this one just for the "Attention" factor when you roll into a new camp site or other venue!

And of course the lights and PA horns up front might help clear traffic on those little backwoods byways when you are in a hurry.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD

Old 09-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Talk About Getting Attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go
That's one sweet machine.Is that a good site to buy from?What are good sites to buy government surplus from?
I have bought several items from this site (GovLiquidation) and have never been disappointed. But, "Caveat Emptor", let the buyer beware. You have to know a good bit about whatever types of items you wish to purchase. I picked up TWO air-cooled 3kw diesel generators with less than 150 hrs on either of them, and they run great. I got 50 1,000 watt halogen floodlights which work great on my barn and shop as well as the security lights on my house. I won enough electrical items (outlets, switches, plates, conduit, wireway, etc.) to completely rewire my shop. And a whole s**tpot load of other useful items, grand total of $728.00 plus the drive down to Warner Robins, GA. A friend of mine with an excavating business won a D-8 Cat with 67 hours on it for $8,700.00 just because they listed it as "wouldn't start". So, watch the items closely, and call the POC's for additional information on a particular item. I have always found them to be helpful if you ask nicely.

And to Smitty, I'll be watching that one to see the final price also.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Just an "Oh, by the way" for anyone interested, this bus' final price was $8,000.01 and they didn't even have the keys for it. I called and was told that the tires appeared to be in good shape, no cracked glass or anything like that, but they didn't have the keys, didn't know if it even had batteries, didn't know what kind of shape the engine or transmission was in, and didn't have any idea whether it had been driven in or towed to the spot it was parked in. I guess the final straw for me was when I asked what the wires were that were hanging out from under the front bumper in the pictures, and they didn't have a clue.
Oh well, some ya' win, some ya' lose, and some get rained out. I just couldn't see myself forking out tow charges for that beast back to TN, and I also couldn't see me sweltering under the Texas sun for the next two weeks trying to get it running well enough to make the trip back home. Just call me a wuss, but those things that used to look like adventurous fun, now look suspiciously like work.
OK, I'm outta' here.
Lee
Old 09-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #4
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwulf
...I guess the final straw for me was when I asked what the wires were that were hanging out from under the front bumper in the pictures, and they didn't have a clue....
The loose wires may have just been from the removal of emergency equipment. Lots of vehicles at government auctions have holes and maybe exposed wires where emergency lights and what-not were removed. I probably would have wanted to see it in person before plunking down that kinda dough though.
josetann is offline   Reply With Quote