Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Savannah Georgia School Bus Fire

http://www.wtoc.com/story/26248807/a...after-bus-fire

Everyone out there should be mindful of fires on our buses. As a Fire Investigator, I can tell you this fire would have been much worse had the driver not been paying attention and stopped and discharged the extinguisher. I will let you know later when I complete my investigation what the cause was.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Savannah Georgia School Bus Fire

I learned this lesson a long long time ago... ALWAYS KEEP A FUNCTIONAL EXTINGUISHER IN YOUR VEHICLES! I do not think this is spoken about or stressed enough. I would love to see the auto industry make this OEM like seatbelts and airbags honestly! You never know when you may have a fire or see someone else in trouble who needs help. I had a truck that burst into flames, long story, but I knew it was only a matter of time...oil leaks and cracked exhaust. I was young and still stupid about risks. Anyhow, the car in front of me was an unmarked police car and he popped and with his extinguisher, put out my truck and then lectured me about fire safety while we waited for the fire truck to show up and lecture me more..... We had fun! Needless to say I learnt that lesson right quick!
Malkieri is offline   Reply With Quote