Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2020, 11:44 AM   #401
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Chassis: International Amtran RE
Engine: DT466E/MD3060
Rated Cap: 78
Just to make sure I hope I have replied to all who have PM me here and hit me up via email. In the event I have not please please let me know.

The allison master is still taking care of business even in the covid world.

Hope all are doing well and staying safe.......

remain calm and 6 gear on.....

Bapos

bapos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:04 PM   #402
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
hey Bapos can your allison guy lookup calibrations by feature and then download the actual calibrations?

here is my need.. I have an A51 TCM with a calibration that allows for tap up / down via J1939 'wire' ..when I use the A41 TCM that I have those features arent enabled..

I am trying to get a calibration that will run on an A41 TCM that has those features enabled.. my A41 has no CIN number, its obviously someone;'s creation and has 0's for the CIN.

however I can tune the A41 calibration withy my EFILIVE so shift table adjustments are possible.. the A51 TCM i cannot edit the calibration and the shifts are way off..

thus why I dont just run the A51 TCM in the first place..

so if I get the CIN for the A51, can he find me a calibration file with the same packages and features that will load onto an A41?

or

can he edit my A41 calibration to enable the J1939 variants of the shift request up and down? I can get the wire numbers if needbe..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 01:21 PM   #403
Bus Nut

Cadillac

I copied your message and sent him a PM. Ill see what he says....

I will send you either PM or reply here.

Bapos
Old 10-06-2020, 07:27 PM   #404
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 1308N
Engine: 5.9 24V Cummins
Rated Cap: 44 Transit
Unlock letter received

I received my permission to unlock letter today 10/6/2020
RMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:37 PM   #405
Bus Nut

Rmiller....

while its very good your got your approval ... if you dont mind let us know who you got your release from? Thomas ????? Bluebird???? International???

This helps people who are trying to go through the legit path do the same thing as you did with hopefully success.

I had a guy I got in touch with who also got a legit release from Navistar ( its been the only one I have ever known to get release and be legit) so I followed the EXACT people ... business ..... and dealer as he did. Mine got denied. So please add info if you can

Bapos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
I received my permission to unlock letter today 10/6/2020
Old 10-06-2020, 08:54 PM   #406
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: 1308N
Engine: 5.9 24V Cummins
Rated Cap: 44 Transit
Thomas built, Ricky Myers at thomas was very helpful, took a couple of months
RMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:41 AM   #407
Skoolie

Year: 2008
Chassis: 0908S
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 28' 9 window
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
Thomas built, Ricky Myers at thomas was very helpful, took a couple of months
Ricky also approved mine. I have a 2008 Thomas with an Allison 2000 and he gave permission to enable 6th gear.

I first contacted Thomas around July I think via the contact us form at thomasbus.com. Ricky emailed me back and said he does these 4 times a year and the next time would be Sept.

Ricky got back to me mid Sept and emailed me an approval letter. I contacted the local Allison dealer and they asked for the letter and current calibration off the back of the TCM. I emailed both back and a day or two later they called me to schedule it.

I took my TCM to them and they reprogrammed it. took about an hour. Fee was $140.
dwood443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:00 PM   #408

Went through Bapos guy this past weekend and he's pretty sharp. I have an old HP that I strictly use for diagnostics on vehicles and it was too old for the Allison software, so it was about an hour waste lol. Had to switch to my newer laptop and redownload the software. The guy is super patient and extremely quick on the computer. He knows exactly what needs to be done.

Also found a CIN that worked as needed for my application and shared with him to help in the search for a compatible CIN for my TCM (199. He noted it for future reference and re cals.

I don't have a bus, but I have a International 4700 truck with the Allison MD3060. It was a 26' box truck that I cut down to make a little flatbed work truck. With 6th gear, it's a completely different vehicle. Very pleasant to drive on the highway now, cruise at 70+ with ease on 245/70R19.5s.
Attached Thumbnails
20200917_071701.jpg  
MiniSemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:24 AM   #409
Bus Nut

Glad to see things got worked out for you. I appreciate the kind words. I like to see people get the changes they are working for.

Bapos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniSemi View Post
Went through Bapos guy this past weekend and he's pretty sharp. I have an old HP that I strictly use for diagnostics on vehicles and it was too old for the Allison software, so it was about an hour waste lol. Had to switch to my newer laptop and redownload the software. The guy is super patient and extremely quick on the computer. He knows exactly what needs to be done.

Also found a CIN that worked as needed for my application and shared with him to help in the search for a compatible CIN for my TCM (199. He noted it for future reference and re cals.

I don't have a bus, but I have a International 4700 truck with the Allison MD3060. It was a 26' box truck that I cut down to make a little flatbed work truck. With 6th gear, it's a completely different vehicle. Very pleasant to drive on the highway now, cruise at 70+ with ease on 245/70R19.5s.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:07 PM   #410
Almost There

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 8.3L / MD3060R
Rated Cap: 46
Babos

Babos... please check you PM.
cntryby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 07:22 PM   #411
Bus Nut

PM sent back to you
Old 01-26-2021, 12:57 PM   #412
Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: International
Chassis: RE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 30 + 2 WC
Help finding the golden ticket CIN

I attempted to obtain an authorization letter to unlock 6th gear from International, and was told that my 2005 bus is too old. Apparently International only has records back to 2007. I called up the local Allison shop, and the service person is looking into other options. If I can find a CIN of a similar bus with 6th gear, he can use that to help me. Does anybody here have a 2005(ish) International, DT466 and MD 3060 that has 6th gear enabled? If so, could you post the CIN?

skoontz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 07:31 PM   #413
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2007
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 8 seats, 5 wheelchairs
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoontz View Post
I attempted to obtain an authorization letter to unlock 6th gear from International, and was told that my 2005 bus is too old. Apparently International only has records back to 2007. I called up the local Allison shop, and the service person is looking into other options. If I can find a CIN of a similar bus with 6th gear, he can use that to help me. Does anybody here have a 2005(ish) International, DT466 and MD 3060 that has 6th gear enabled? If so, could you post the CIN?

I passed this along way earlier in this thread and I don't know why people don't do it this way, simple, and easy. PCMPerformance.com take a picture of the CIN number on you TCM and email it to programmer@PCMPerformance.com and he can tell you if he can do it. Probably can on a '05, it's the stuff in the nineties they couldn't do a couple years ago. Cost you a few hundred bucks and takes ten-fourteen days to get your TCM back.
1dmpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 08:31 PM   #414
Almost There

Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP EF
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 29 (Perimeter Seating)
Allison 6th gear enable

hi all

please pardon the wordiness.

I have a tendency to lurk/browse unless I need a specific answer i cant find elsewhere, then I post. In this case I have found an answer. Ive got a 2003 Thomas, Cat c7, Allison B300 and had 6th gear 'turned-on' last year by Bapos' "Allison Master" (AM).

It went a little differently than I expected, i mean there were a few glitches which is why I'm posting about it. First of all I told him I had a 2005 (according to label in cab). I cant say why it is labelled as such, but I confirmed his findings that I have a 2003, according to Allison, Thomas and CAT. Then it used a 9 pin connector but the 6 pin protocol, iirc. Then my batt voltage was < 12V so i had to attach a charger. This was all taken in stride.

Anyway, due to the year, and protocol, different settings were required than we first expected. He didnt balk at the issue, he pointed and clicked, uploaded and downloaded (remotely) until the correct software and settings were on my windows surface tablet. Then he made the changes to the transmission program, a requested edit or two elsewhere, and made sure I understood how to 'teach' the transmission now that it had an additional gear to work with. I had no complaints, which is rare if you know me. also the procedure took like a day, hassle free.

Enough with the preamble:

A few days ago I installed windows updates and as a result was no longer able to connect the Allison DOC software to my trans. I felt like I had probably broken the software and now was SOL.

Not the case. I contacted the 'AM' over the weekend and he dialed in to fix my machine... I felt like I was getting platinum level support. He is VERY competent in the digital realm, and really patient. As a former geek myself it sure was a treat.

I encourage anyone dealing with the unlocking 6th issue to consider this as an option

I welcome any questions.

evan
stlthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 06:17 PM   #415

Allison md3060 help

Since this is the most information I've found on the MD3060 transmission, I'm going to ask my question here.
My Fire Dept has a 94 Freightliner with the MD3060 transmission. Got a call Friday that the display was showing 'CAT EYES' on the shifter. I went over today and plugged the laptop in using Allison software. No communications with TCM. Pushing the up/down arrows doesn't do anything. No codes shown. Cycling the key doesn't produce any changes. Turning the power on, key on the shifter goes right to CAT EYES and produces 16 short beeps.

BAPOS, any ideas?? I'm am guessing that the TCM is probably bad. I didn't check power going into the TCM. Just swung by to plug laptop in. Thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails
ALLISON MD3060 CAT EYES.jpg  
Monkey with a Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 08:29 AM   #416

Allison md3060 fixed

Pulled the Transmission Control Module and the remote shift pad and sent them into John at Transmission Instruements in Texas.
Transmission Instruments
6101 Long Prairie Road, Ste 744-185
Flower Mound, TX 75028

Phone: +1-(972) 353-8286
Email: transmissioninstruments@msn.com

I overnighted the units down, he took them apart and rebuilt them and sent them back overnight. 2 year warranty with the rebuild. Cost about $800 for both the shift pad and TCM, shipping overnight was about $65. Allison wanted about $6000 just for the TCM. John was great to talk to over the phone and very knowledgable. I was a little leery of sending the units too him but he has some great reviews going back to 2014, plus talking with him. He's getting my work from now with Allison products.

Hopefully this helps somebody else. I'm overwhelmed with the replies I've received helping me out with my problem.......guess I should have started a new thread.
Monkey with a Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:09 PM   #417

Year: 1993
Engine: DTA433
AM recommendation

BAPOS’s Allison master is the man. Just got sixth gear unlocked last week and it is a pleasure to be able to get 60-65 MPH with 2200-2300 at will on flat terrain. Before it was hold the pedal to the floor and maybe get there.
The AM is patient, persistent and highly knowledgeable. He is highly recommended by me. He unlocked my transmission 200 miles into a 1200 one way trip. It has learned to shift very well along the way.
Carbonburner10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:16 PM   #418
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Bapos...sir...I would love to connect with your Allison Master. I sent a couple of PMs...but haven't heard back. What's the best way to reach you and the AM?
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:06 AM   #419
Almost There

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 8.3L / MD3060R
Rated Cap: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonburner10 View Post
BAPOS’s Allison master is the man. Just got sixth gear unlocked last week and it is a pleasure to be able to get 60-65 MPH with 2200-2300 at will on flat terrain. Before it was hold the pedal to the floor and maybe get there.
The AM is patient, persistent and highly knowledgeable. He is highly recommended by me. He unlocked my transmission 200 miles into a 1200 one way trip. It has learned to shift very well along the way.

I've been trying since Nov to get him to take care of mine. I took the pictures he asked for of the TCM and he said all was good to go. He said he could supply the required data link, which I agreed to. I don't understand why my experience is so different than others.

Did you have your own data link cables / module? If so which one did you use?
cntryby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:19 AM   #420

Year: 1993
Engine: DTA433
Allison Master

Got the data link from him. It did take time to get the link. Purchased the Noregon,
Carbonburner10 is offline   Reply With Quote