Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2020, 06:45 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ford/BlueBird
Chassis: B700
Busted seatbelt

So I took the original seat belt out when “demo” day was here. It unraveled and now it won’t work... so I called around and the cheapest to recharge it is around $80.

I slid my seat back about 4 inches because I’m 6’ tall. Does anyone know what length, if any specific, that I need to ask for or will any standard 3 point harness work? Thanks

Cæleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:53 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
When you say recharged is this a pretensioning belt that has been set off? If it is I'd recommend spending the eighty bucks because the airbag sensors won't be happy even if you install another 3 point belt.

That said, it would be no problem to install any old 3 point belt that will work with your seat/body configuration--probably not as effective as the original but you can't live forever anyway.
Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:31 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cæleb View Post

I slid my seat back about 4 inches because I’m 6’ tall. Does anyone know what length, if any specific, that I need to ask for or will any standard 3 point harness work? Thanks
I did the same, for the same reason, but installed a captain's chair I bought at LKQ, atop a 7" swivel base. I ordered the 60" (?) 3 point belt from Seat Belts Plus, but then had to order a 6" extension just to give me enough length to bolt to the underside of my seat frame. If you aren't installing a swivel base, I'd just order the longest 3 point harness they have, and use pieces of 1/8" bar stock to extend the belts to wherever you're going to bolt them.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg  

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 12:10 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
I'm with Ol Trunt on this ... buy a new one for $80.00 .... and like plfking said, buy the longest ... unless you know the size that is came with originally. Hint, your bluebird dealer may be able to help with the information.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote