Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2020, 09:22 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 1308N
Engine: 5.9 24V Cummins
Rated Cap: 44 Transit
I cannibalized a class A motorhome for my build {just getting started} but I have a 2 step mechanical/electric step that I am considering installing under the second step and eliminating the lowest step. I just think the treads are too high and would like a more accessible staircase for myself and my handicapped wife.

RMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyah45828 View Post
I removed and replaced mine. You can read the post here

I bought the steel from a weld shop that lasered it from 1/8" sheet. I simply gave them the dimensions of the pieces, welded them together, and then installed whole unit with self tapping bolts.

It wasn't the easiest job in the world, but is way better then what was there. Anybody with steel fab skills can do it. I removed the step well light as well, but it wouldn't have been hard to install something in place of it if I want to.
Do you have a photo of what that area looks like when you removed the steps. I need the visual! Thank you.
artistawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:30 AM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by artistawake View Post
Do you have a photo of what that area looks like when you removed the steps. I need the visual! Thank you.
Nope, never took one, was too busy working to even think about it. Wanted it done that night so the bus wasn't in the shop during the day.

What you'll see depends on the bus. Behind mine is the frame rail and muffler. Some buses will have the air tanks, trans cooler, air filter, etc. behind it.