Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2019, 10:59 AM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: T/C 2000 28 foot Handy Bus
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Mechanical
Rated Cap: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
I really want ground clearance, everywhere really, including behind the right front wheel. When making the RV type entry door, has anyone removed the first step, so the bottom is even and level the full length?
I'm pondering how to make a folding or retractable atep?
Hi Kip, My plan is similar to yours. The plan at this point is to remove the stair case and the door. A quickly removabe/hinged floor plate and navigator seat seat. Then a sliding generator for a Honda EU 2000 mount and a door to open up and slide the genset out so you can stand to access the engine. Then sheetmetal up to a new window. The door will be relocated to in front of the rear wheels passenger side. Standard round corner with screen door RV door. Finally, an electric double step. I am able to install the door there as the fuel tank has been relocated to the other side of the vehicle. My handicap door is on the rear also want to keep it for a future project. Am planning to make a half door out of the emergency exit on the drivers side to remove and service our compost toilet.
Attached Thumbnails
big bus.jpg  

Rivetboy is offline   Reply With Quote