Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2018, 08:42 AM   #1
Scared to Post

Exclamation HELP - Battery not starting

Hi, I just bought a 2003 GMC Short bus. We were using it to move some stuff into a garage last night and inbetween trips the bus suddenly did not start. I'm afraid we left the master switch on or something and killed the battery.

Does anyone here have suggestion on the best way to jump a bus? Our only other vehicles are small cars and we've been trying to jump the bus for about an hour. I'm thinking of buying a car jump starter like this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...5285a358fa8186

My other thought was getting a trickle charger that would plug into the wall. Any suggestions are welcome!

HapppyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: GMC
Rated Cap: 42
You did not say whether your engine is diesel or gas and that does make some difference. In general you jump start a bus just like any other vehicle. You need to first check and see if your battery is bad (or take it to a parts store and have them check it) next you need to check your battery connections. If your battery connections or your battery are bad you will probably not be able to jump start the vehicle.
JA Savage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, jump starter