Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2022, 05:30 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1970
Coachwork: Eastern Coach
Chassis: VRT/SL3/2176
Engine: Gardner 6LXB - Detroit Diesel
Help with windows

Hi, my wife and I are working on converting a Double Decker bus into a tiny home. We both have absolutely no experience going into this. We ran into another problem. We are thinking the next step would be removing the windows, cleaning them and reinstalling them. We have an instagram Double_Decked_Out that we are documenting our progress. We would love it if someone could give us a hand.

Double_Decked_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 06:45 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
The process really depends upon the style of windows and I cannot tell from your IG photos exactly what you've got. From the pics and the videos (nice job on demo progress, by the way) it does look like there's a metric ass ton of sealant or caulk around the exterior perimeter edges, which may complicate the removal. And really, if they're well sealed you may not want/need to pull them out. But if you do, it's pretty common to have an interior trim ring that screws into the frame, creating a sandwich that holds the outside in place. Or yours may be completely different.

When you get a few more posts, you can start sharing photos here...which will help folks guide you.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 08:02 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1970
Coachwork: Eastern Coach
Chassis: VRT/SL3/2176
Engine: Gardner 6LXB - Detroit Diesel
Thank you

Thanks for responding. I will start uploading photos here as we go on. Most of the windows seem fine, but there are leaks coming from some of them. We want to make sure we are water tight. Do you think just using a heat gun and razor would be sufficient in getting them out?
Double_Decked_Out is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
double decker bus, help needed, window insulation, window removal