Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2023, 02:17 PM   #1

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Self
Chassis: Bluebird TC2000
Engine: 210 Cummins
Rated Cap: 77 passenger
Insurance please!

Hi, I’ve spent hundreds of hours building my skoolie and it seems to be harder to find an insurance company than building. Someone please tell me what agent/company to call for guaranteed coverage of a raised roof skoolie. PLEASE!

Dave18337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 02:38 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: El Dorado Fiberglass
Chassis: Ford E450
Engine: V10 Gas
Hi Dave-can you do us a solid and put your details in your profile-like where you live, and what kind of bus?

Roof decks, chimneys, and now (apparently) roof raises are all developing concerns of insurance companies. Moreover, one agent may underwrite, where the next agent may not.

Is your bus titled commercial or personal? All of these details matter.
Rucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 03:22 PM   #3

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Self
Chassis: Bluebird TC2000
Engine: 210 Cummins
Rated Cap: 77 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucker View Post
Hi Dave-can you do us a solid and put your details in your profile-like where you live, and what kind of bus?

Roof decks, chimneys, and now (apparently) roof raises are all developing concerns of insurance companies. Moreover, one agent may underwrite, where the next agent may not.

Is your bus titled commercial or personal? All of these details matter.
Hi, Milford, PA. It’s a 2001 Bluebird TC2000 with a 16” raise. It’s currently titled as a bus 77 passenger, 33000 gvwr. I need insurance to go to inspection facility where, if it passes, they give me paperwork to change title to “reconstructed/home made” motor home. Thanks for your help. I’m adding more pics & video in my profile.
Dave18337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 06:27 AM   #4
Almost There

I have mine though State farm. Personal passenger vehicle.

99 Freightliner Blue bird 53 passenger 5.9 Cummins AT 545 4 speed Allison 3:73 gears
The lazy farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 11:23 AM   #5

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
I haven't personally used any but I do hear State Farm recommended the most. If you're just needing to drive it to get inspected, there should be a way to get a single day insurance cover. I hear of this frequently from people who need to drive their new, unrenovated purchases so that might be an option for you. Good luck!
Moving Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 03:33 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
i have used my nationwide local agent but this year they decided they didnt want to do it any more and corporate found me an expensive policy through geico.
went to my local agent and she said no we are not going to do that and to give her a few days. 3 days later she calls and said i have you a policy through progressive for 5$ more than you were paying nationwide.
of course this is all commercial bus for private use.
that was just around march april time frame. and thats two buses. might be different for us because we have been with them for thirty years and with the local agent for 25 years and anytime we have an issue its just a phone call or walk into the office and set down and wait your turn which usually isnt very long.
if you want to try my agent let me know.
through PM.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote