Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2024, 09:03 AM   #1

Question New skoolie! need consultant to start!

Hello everyone! My Name is Valentina, im looking to get a consultant or any expert guidance or advice for my boss on how to start the bus conversion. She basically needs someone who can guide her in the beginning on what to diy, what to get an expert on, overall where to start on her new journey and potentially get someone to work with! Alternatively, if you guys have someone to recommend that would be awesome! It can be in Houston or Austin area or via videocall, even message to chat a bit it would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you all are having a great day!

valentina1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 09:39 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird Mini-Bird 24'
Chassis: Chevy P30
Engine: Chevy 6.2L Diesel
Most of the people here build out their bus themselves entirely.

They might get a pro painter, they might get a pro mechanic, but beyond that, they will generally do everything themselves.

Even the electrics, since the coding for that is pretty vague, and doesn't apply in every location. Texas, notably, is one of those places where the codes are mostly suggestions, and are only enforced by the banks and insurance companies (who are usually the same people when you go high enough up the chain).

I have met a couple of skoolies in H-town, and I know there's a couple in Austin--probably far more considering the ungodly importation of all the commiefornians over the past decade and their particular penchant for #vanlife.
Albatross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:05 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentina1234 View Post
Hello everyone! My Name is Valentina, im looking to get a consultant or any expert guidance or advice for my boss on how to start the bus conversion. She basically needs someone who can guide her in the beginning on what to diy, what to get an expert on, overall where to start on her new journey and potentially get someone to work with! Alternatively, if you guys have someone to recommend that would be awesome! It can be in Houston or Austin area or via videocall, even message to chat a bit it would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you all are having a great day!
Hi there!
I am in Killeen, not to far away.
I’d be happy to help you out as much as possible. I got 2 busses that i am building…. Very slowly!

Where you located ?
ewo1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
consultation, expert, help free, new bus owner