Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2021, 11:30 AM   #1

Pa rv conversion

I know this is a bus site but it seems there is alot of info on here and I figured I would try. I am building a FL70 cab and chassis into a toter. I installed a 14 foot box and have all the needed items inside the box, but my question is do I need to cut a hole in the front of the box and into the back of the cab so I can go from the cab back into the living area? I have heard no I dont, I have heard yes I do and I have heard that I can just install an intercom between the cab and box and I have heard I don't need anything like that. This is getting registered in PA and I can't find anything about it. Thanks

Mudslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 01:27 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Hi and welcome. This is a bus site, true...but many of us have other passions as well. We have an FL60 which was an ambulance which we converted and registered as an RV. Ours has a window, but no walk/crawl-through passage. I'm not exactly clear on what you mean by "have to" have a passage...it's not required, as far as I know, but it is certainly nice to have. In fact, that's the only thing about that rig which isn't quite perfect in my eyes...and we've got long-term plans to put a larger passage there.

You're welcome here, but you might find more precisely relevant info on the Expedition Portal Forum. There's a pretty active group of folks there who have medium duty ambulances, which are based on the same kind of frame as your Freightliner. https://expeditionportal.com/forum/
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote