Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: Bluebird
Rated Cap: 16
Raising Funds for your tailgate project

I got this idea a few years ago when searching bus conversions. I saw a sick looking Georgia Tech skoolie and basically they had some advertising on the side of their bus. They featured those advertised on their website as well, and believe it or not is a good idea for local businesses in that area to have tens of thousands of people see their ad on gameday. It's basically how 30% of my bus costs are being paid for, and I am going to bust my hump to try to make it a yearly renewal so me and my fellow owners never have to pay for insurance or repairs. Just an idea I thought I'd throw out there to some people who might be struggling financially with the funds. I am having two companies pay for magnets that are 2x2' to put on the side of my bus. If you have any questions please ask. I know this can help tailgaters, actual campers I'm not so sure about.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: Raising Funds for your tailgate project

ive been wanting someone to do that for my mini truck so i can get a paint job

Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: Bluebird
Rated Cap: 16

Well they're magnents, so I will just peel them off while driving and then stick them on at the tailgate. That should work haha.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Pay a little more and get the Higher Grade Magnets. I watched some program where they had a car with some of those magna-signs on the side with a 200mph wind in a windtunnel and the sign never even moved down the side.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-600
Engine: Ford 370 Propane
Rated Cap: 48

I have never had that much of a hassle with insurance companies. Had a few claims in the past and they were actually quite helpful. Of course it could be a difference in insurance laws... I have never heard of anyone being denied a claim, just being investigated for insurance fraud, but they deserved it.
jkindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkindt
I have never heard of anyone being denied a claim
Move to the lower 48 you won't be able to say that for long . Insurance lobbyists make it so they get by with it here. Governors appoint Dept of Insurance Commissioners.....and the come from the Insurance Industry (and return to it after their term), so it's not hard to figure-out who they'll side with. Insurers are about the same place as pond-scum on my "list"..........

Smitty
That is too bad. Business and politics never makes for a good mix, unless of course you are the one making the money....dishonest money.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Is insurance different from state to state? In Canada it depends on which province you are in. I know BC has provincial government insurance, yet in Alberta you can choose from a variety of different insurance companies. I get mine through Wawanesa insurance, have been with them for years.