Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2021, 10:50 PM   #1

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 8.3Cummins
Exclamation Removing Floor Heaters '98 Bluebird All-American

Hey y'all! I'm having trouble finding specific information about removing the rear floor heaters (plural) on the '98 Bluebird CS-RE 8.3cummins and I just want to make sure I have it right before I proceed.

TLDR I want to remove the floor heaters but keep the front heater.

1. From what I understand there are 3 valves, 2 in the engine area and 1 up front drivers area. If I'm reading correctly, I can shut-off the one up front full time to prevent the lines for the heaters from flowing while maintaining the front heater... but I am not 100% on this. Someone please clarify? If I'm wrong, then in order to maintain the front heater do I need to just loop the tubes? I've read I can mount this loop under the bus.

2. Do I need to shut off all three valves to remove the tubing inside the bus?

3. After removing the floors and plywood, the rear floor heater now sparks when I activate the front switch on the driver panel. I assume I can disconnect it from the heater itself but I can't seem to find much information about the power lines to both the floor heaters. Can someone clarify? I don't like electricity but I'm all in so let's do this. Also, I assume I can wire something nifty into this line and have a fun driver's activator switch? Anyone done this?

Thanks a bunch. I've been reading and reading and am just so nervous still! I really don't want to hurt by busses engine and a big ol' warning in the manual said "failure to... xzy could lead to loss of engine" and hereee we are.

Curatorsofcoolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all-american, bluebird, floor heater, heater, heater removal