Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2019, 12:27 AM   #1

Removing floor heaters from a 2008 Mitsubishi Rosa Deluxe

Hi all, hoping for some guidance as i am finding it increasingly difficult to get resources for my mini bus.
I am removing the 3x floor heater units in the next few days from my Mitsubishi Rosa Deluxe 2008 and was hoping for any advice, tips or tricks from experienced converters.
The biggest hurdle i have is when i cut the coolant hoses should i rejoin these in a circuit or just cap the ends? And in the end will it matter?
Any advice would be amazing, and thank you for you help so far

sc7147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:00 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
If the return line goes to the front heater/defroster in the dash, yes, you will lose that if you don't loop it back together.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:02 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
You must be in Australia, welcome. We can help but, probably not with anything that is vehicle specific.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:14 AM   #4

Hi, yea i’m from Australia. Have been following and learning from here for over a year and now i have started my conversion thought it best to ask advice when needed.
Country specific may be harder but you have no idea how much i have learnt from reading the posts here
sc7147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:25 AM   #5
Almost There

Year: 1994
Coachwork: N/A
Chassis: Chevy C30
Engine: 7.4L gas
Rated Cap: 14,000lbs
We're about to do the same thing - except the I think we may keep one of the heaters in the living space, but take out the other two - so I'll be following this thread with interest.

I'm British, by the way, but spend a lot of time in the States and I'm doing a skoolie conversion in Oregon now Quite the international group we've got here!
ladybird_bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:25 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: 8.3 L Cummins, MD 3060 Trans
Rated Cap: 50
Where in OR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybird_bus View Post
We're about to do the same thing - except the I think we may keep one of the heaters in the living space, but take out the other two - so I'll be following this thread with interest.

I'm British, by the way, but spend a lot of time in the States and I'm doing a skoolie conversion in Oregon now Quite the international group we've got here!
I'm in southern Oregon. I have my bus in a nice heated garage while I am working on it.

I have decided to remove the three heaters in the passenger area, but keep the driver heat and defroster. I am planning on rerouting the hoses under the bus. I have located the two valves that manage the flow to the heaters. One is right next to the engine block, and the other is on top of a three-way heat exchanger just before the lines enter the interior of the bus. The valve near the engine appears to be frozen open. Gonna try a little liquid wrench on the exterior to see if that helps before I try to put any more muscle, leverage, or a tool to the thing. I sure don't want to bust anything and make more work for myself.

J
Old 03-07-2019, 04:39 PM   #7
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84lug
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc7147 View Post
Hi all, hoping for some guidance as i am finding it increasingly difficult to get resources for my mini bus.
I am removing the 3x floor heater units in the next few days from my Mitsubishi Rosa Deluxe 2008 and was hoping for any advice, tips or tricks from experienced converters.
The biggest hurdle i have is when i cut the coolant hoses should i rejoin these in a circuit or just cap the ends? And in the end will it matter?
Any advice would be amazing, and thank you for you help so far
I kept the first floor heater by the driver seat and removed the rest. I suggest cutting the hoses long and hanging them out the window to a trash can below for coolant leak collection. Many busses have a by-pass you can cut off but can be difficult to identify or reach.. I simply looped my feed into the 1st heater at the driver seat and U-hose looped out of it back into the radiator return hose.. hung the cut hoses out the window till the stopped dripping.. topped the coolant back off after I removed the units a completed the loop. The whole job took maybe 40 minutes.

I have a link to my YouTube below and one of my vids show the after.

Tags
floor, heating, rosa, subfloor