Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2018, 08:47 PM   #21
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicifer View Post
Hey! That was me

I was trying to read more about leaking windows and ended up here.

I just replaced my emergency hatches with a plug and play skylight option that still allows roof access: a boat hatch. They are expensive but after a couple sessions scouring the web I found some good options for me. Even found some that could be custom made on alibaba.com I'm really happy with them. BTW they DO lock from the inside (or at least mine do. make sure yours will too!!)
Sorry, Juci- I forgot your handle. You got a good price on that hatch- usually closer to $500.

How dark is it tinted? How strong is it- can you stand on it- (don't !!!!), just curious if is well made as it looks. Is the bezel thick enough alunimium?

I gotta say, you sure look pleased with your install- and you well should be. I can remember that feeling of enthusiasm about a bus...vaguely.

Click image for larger version

Name:	juci2.gif
Views:	11
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	18942

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:56 PM   #22
Skoolie

Year: 1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Sorry, Juci- I forgot your handle. You got a good price on that hatch- usually closer to $500.

How dark is it tinted? How strong is it- can you stand on it- (don't !!!!), just curious if is well made as it looks. Is the bezel thick enough alunimium?

I gotta say, you sure look pleased with your install- and you well should be. I can remember that feeling of enthusiasm about a bus...vaguely.

Attachment 18942
HAHA!! I would have been pleased if I got more than one of these in after one long stupid day. That's probably my squinty face. But really I am quite happy about the hatch.

It is tinted pretty dang dark. You can hardly see through it from the top even up close. Inside during that grey rainy day it was surprisingly bright. Not sure what it's like in direct sun yet.

You can definitely stand on it, but I won't!! I think the aluminum is thick enough, couldn't tell you how thick though. It's solid, it's well made, it's made in New Zealand and retails for $700-$1000 in NZ and Australia for whatever that's worth...I think it's out of production now, hence the price. Here's another source if that ebay one sells out:

https://greatlakesskipper.com/maxwel...offshore-hatch
Juicifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:16 PM   #23
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicifer View Post
.I think it's out of production now, hence the price. Here's another source if that ebay one sells out:

https://greatlakesskipper.com/maxwel...offshore-hatch
I'll bet you $1 they are the same seller, one left.

Dark tint is deal-breaker for me as I have no windows, to speak of. I'm putting in a bed-loft above the driver seat and thought that'd be wicked-nice as it'll get toasty near the roof.

That would be perfect for the center-shower people, like Roll w/ It.

So, what's your favorite Deadly Sin ?
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emergency exit