Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2019, 12:11 AM   #41
Almost There

G30’s aren’t unibody they use full frames.

Iqinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:42 AM   #42
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Engine: 7.3L Navistar T444e Diesel
I've pretty much given up on the roof-raise/loft idea.

Two reasons:

1. The added work and time, and I want to finish as soon as I can while devoting as much time and effort to make the bus as nice as possible.

2. Most importantly: I am concerned with the height of the bus and being able to go as man places as possible. With a loft the bus would be at about the limit of 13' and that will likely restrict going to certain places due to height clearance.

The one way I can still imagine it is by mounting basically and Aliner top on the roof, and even that would probably become a PIA having to open it up and close it down every night and morning, plus the added chance of leaks, etc.
Joe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:12 PM   #43

HELLO...I'd love to see your CLERESTORY ROOF ADDITION. Can you post a pic of that bus? Any leak issues?
MDHtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:24 PM   #44
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDHtravels View Post
HELLO...I'd love to see your CLERESTORY ROOF ADDITION. Can you post a pic of that bus? Any leak issues?

Hello! Are you asking me? If so, I decided not to do that because I have a tall roof already and don't have the time.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:07 AM   #45
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: 3000 / 33' Flat Nose
Engine: IC T444E / Allison MT643
Rated Cap: 72 Kids / 48 Adults
To verify, the bus ceiling, from floor to ceiling is 6' 6".

And how tall are you?

Besides just wanting a raised roof of some kind, I'm trying to understand why the existing roof isn't tall enough.

I get if you're like six four that you'd like some more headspace, but if you're like even six two, it seems like a lot of work and potential issues to consider any kind of a roof / ceiling raise.

So many other things I can think of to spend your time and money on in a conversion if there's already adequate headroom.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:30 PM   #46
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
To verify, the bus ceiling, from floor to ceiling is 6' 6".

And how tall are you?

Besides just wanting a raised roof of some kind, I'm trying to understand why the existing roof isn't tall enough.

I get if you're like six four that you'd like some more headspace, but if you're like even six two, it seems like a lot of work and potential issues to consider any kind of a roof / ceiling raise.

So many other things I can think of to spend your time and money on in a conversion if there's already adequate headroom.

The roof on my bus is at about 6'6". I'm 6'. Adding about 1.5" insulation to the floor reduces it a little but not enough for me to warrant a roof raise. Some people do a raise and then also raise the floor, leaving room fro storage and getting over the wheel wells.