Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Screening original windows and installing RV windows

I'd like to see some photos or hear some descriptions of how people have installed insect screens on the original bus windows.

A while back I came across some photos here of a window opening being filled in and a smaller square RV window, slider with screen, was installed. Anyone have any photos of larger RV windows being installed? I assume that a few ribs could be cut safely for windows that span two original bus window spaces. Steel tubing welded in at the top and bottom of the rough opening of course.

Thanks,
Christopher

skoolz out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: Screening original windows and installing RV windows

was prob on smitty's bus thread. i know he did some of that.
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

I started building screens for the bus the other day. Mine are being installed on the inside and only cover the top section where the window moves. I have a little screen clip at the top and they pivot open to allow me to open/close the windows. I placed them on the inside to keep them cleaner and that way I don't have to worry about losing any screens as I travel down the highway. I have almost lost one on the Class C and I have seen several lost on other rigs while driving. (sorry the pic is a little dark but it was a bright sunny day yesterday)

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjespers
... I power wash the windows right through the screens...
Can't wash an RV in most campgrounds. And I'm not into washing vehicles anyway. Mother Nature washes my Jeep. Except when it gets too filthy to touch. "R" Jeep doesn't like soap anyway. I have actually washed the Jeep three times since I bought it back in 1997. It wouldn't run right for a few days afterwards. The lunatic that David used to remodel for would have her vehicles washed every week in her driveway... along with anyone else's vehicle that happened to be there too. Poor Jeep would get soaped and waxed. And it complained about it every time! Now I can rinse it off with plan water... just not soap. Which suits me fine... I don't wash Jeeps and trucks! And now Buses! Besides my Jeep thinks it's a tractor! After all we used it to pull cut trees and stumps out of the woods on our property when we lived in TN.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote