Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: Transmission temp gauge

You could have two, that is no problem. There are a couple of places you could put it. You could put it in the pan which will tell you what sump temperatures are. You could put it in a T on the cooler supply line and read what fluid coming right out of the transmission is doing. You could even put it on the return line to let you know how well the cooler is working. I prefer putting it on the cooler supply line. It is generally an easy place to tap in and will give you a very fast reading if the temp rises such as when you go up a hill. The pan method is also easy enough and will give you a better big picture reading, but will not necessarily tell you right away when temps start rising.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
Skoolie

Re: Transmission temp gauge

So on my TC 2000 there is a temp gauge on the dash but it's inoperable. There's also a sender unit of some type on the bell housing with it's wires snipped. I would guess that it was for a tach but I don't have a gauge on the dash. Where would the sender be for the trans temp? Are there any that just thread into one of the holes on the trans or is it always inline with the fluid on its way to the radiator?