Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2019, 08:02 PM   #1

Using salvage components

Has anyone used salvage components either to up upgrade or a new build? Seems like a good way to save time & money. Used RV Parts & RV Salvage Yards - Parts for Motor Homes, Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels

Geos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:14 PM   #2

I have not started my build yet but I plan on "harvesting" as much as I can from my broke down 1980s camper van. The propane stove/oven and fridge still work great so I will rip those out and re-use those in the bus. Also things like the water pump and power inverter. I have seen a full size bus with a flat deck with a jeep parked on it with a full fithwheel interior installed inside. I didn't like that really. Might as well just drive an rv.... but if you have a wrecked rv or fith wheel then why not?
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:01 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e w/ 2000 Allison Trans
Rated Cap: 35
I salvaged a ton of things I am using for my build from a camper I gutted. there are a lot of things you will eventually need in a build that can be found in an old camper/trailer/rv. I posted several pics in my build thread of my donor vehicle. (see my signature for build thread) found myself reusing several things I did not anticipate using.

Follow our build on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/skoolie_doo/
Rovobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:49 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geos View Post
Has anyone used salvage components either to up upgrade or a new build? Seems like a good way to save time & money. Used RV Parts & RV Salvage Yards - Parts for Motor Homes, Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels

I am going the salvage route myself.
Just picked up a 32' 2012 Zinger (crossroads) camper that was damaged in Hurricane Irma.
I figure I am saving at least $2000 - $2500 in used parts and not to mention time and travel to get the parts.

IT even has a slide out that I am fighting with my self on the decision to install on the bus...or not.

Here's the pics...
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/i-...pot-26327.html
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote