Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2021, 04:04 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4L
Rated Cap: just the 2 of us
'05 Thomas, Conversion 2.0

Over the winter I was able to get the wood floor up. Today I started preparing the metal floor for rust converter/paint. I'm planning on using Agriguard on the floor. Manufacturer says all you have to do is knock off the loose rust. My son and I spent about 4 hours scraping the rusty areas and are about half way done. I have decided that after scraping the surface rust I'm still going to hit it with a quick sanding maybe 100 grit. The sanding won't take very long. Should be able to paint the floor next week.
I'll post a few pics later.

BarnYardCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:19 PM   #2
Bus Nut

I still have days where I have trouble getting motivated to work on the bus. Usually once I overcome the mental resistance I'm good for as many hours as it takes to make whatever goal I set for the day. So, today I got a very late start and only succeeded in removing the rear heater hoses from the back of the bus where the pass under from "port" to "starboard". The rust converter/paint arrived today so I have to get busy with the sander to finish removing the loose surface rust.
I posted some pics in my album, haven't figured out how to attach them to the thread yet.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:29 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Yesterday I got the floor treated with Agriguard rust converter. $89/gallon. I scraped the rusty areas with a rigid scraper, then sanded with 100 grit. Vacuumed up the dust. Used throw away paint brush for edges and a low pile roller to apply to the floor. Less than 1/2 gallon to cover entire floor. Now I need to finish my layout as I want to have fir strips under the loads such as cabinet edges and seat mounts.