Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2014, 10:40 PM   #1

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Wolfington
Engine: V8 5.7L gas. GMC G350 Van
Rated Cap: 14
1993 GMC Vandura with Mid Bus/Worthington body electrics

Hi,

Just had a fairly disastrous experience trying to replace bulbs in the brake and turn lights on the back of the bus. The phillips screws came out all right, but the...whatever they are...other fasteners were rotted and getting them out was a mess that pretty much destroyed the fixture. I see that the LED replacements seem to have three wires. My original equipment light have ONE wire for each turn signal and two wires for the brake/stop lights. Besides, they seem to attach to the bus with grommets, only I have screw holes, not grommets. How would I adapt these "new tech" lights to the bus I have?

Oh, and I've decided to paint her with truck bed liner. She's feeling a bit mean

Vintshave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
Re: 1993 GMC Vandura with Mid Bus/Worthington body electrics

Old lights were grounding through the fixture. Extra wire on new fixture is ground, probably black or brown. Show pictures of old and new to get ideas of how to mount.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:50 AM   #3

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Wolfington
Engine: V8 5.7L gas. GMC G350 Van
Rated Cap: 14
Re: 1993 GMC Vandura with Mid Bus/Worthington body electrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa
Old lights were grounding through the fixture. Extra wire on new fixture is ground, probably black or brown. Show pictures of old and new to get ideas of how to mount.
Thanks. I expect to get the new hardware on Wednesday. Some idiot cut the wires to the turn signal on the driver's side of the bus. I really hope they didn't do the same on the passenger side or I'll be drilling rivets out.

Having a schematic of the wiring of my particular bus would be awesome. I sent a message to the successor to Mid Bus. No response yet. The body outside says Worthington. How can it be both?
Vintshave is offline   Reply With Quote