Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Unhappy 2006 International Skoolie for Sale :( - Wisconsin

Hello good people,

Although my partner and I have poured our heart and soul into this bus conversion over the last year and a half, it's time for us to let it go... We would completely finish the build (paint bottom half, and register as RV) but we planned on leaving earlier this year and then a lot of chaos broke loose. We are young, I'm 22 and my girlfriend is 21. We now plan on finishing college, which was the plan after traveling in the bus for a year. We are extremely proud of what we were able to do. I am posting this here before I post it on Facebook marketplace and skoolielivin, which I will do in early spring of next year. So, if anyone on here is interested, you'll have a head start. I would like to make sure whoever gets the bus next, will take care and appreciate it!

Bus details:

- 2006 International CE Diesel VT365 141,000 miles

- back 4 tires are basically new, amazing tread
- brand new 2020 batteries, currently disconnected and stored inside over winter
- minimal rust, like none. underbody is soooo clean. (was in california most of its life)
- 3 spare keys

What we did to it:
- completely gutted it, down to just metal floor, walls, and ceiling
- new insulation in walls, ceiling, and under the laminate floors and underlayment.

- two fold-out sofas in the back that make a bed with storage underneath the left sofa and a 50 gal water tank under the right sofa.
- cubic mini wood stove mounted on the wall
- roof deck
- (6) 100 Watt Solar panels mounted on roof with the ability to tilt for direct sunlight exposure
- Fantastic fan installed in roof
- 6 ft of kitchen counter space
- full size new sink installed with grey water underneath

- water pump installed

- outdoor shower installed
- gravity fill tank for water tank

- single burner denatured alcohol burner (with a lot of denatured alcohol in storage)
- solar closet designated for the solar equipment, which is all hooked up and working and all within a year old

- 1000 watt inverter
- Morningstar Tristar mppt 45 amp charge controller
- 4 agm 6 volt solar batteries
- sofa up front with storage space underneath
- Natures Head composting toilet
- closet with shelving
- laminate flooring (trim not finished)
- tongue and groove ceiling, walls (trim not finished)
- used Henry's tropicool for roof paint and it's amazing stuff

Was going to use this bus as a tour bus with an artist named Raury, but then

the pandemic ruined that. I'm going to have Raury post this for his fan base as well, but not going to do that until spring. I want to give someone a chance in this skoolie community because I know one of ya'll will take care of it and treat it right. That's pretty much it. I have a youtube channel that includes the beginning stages of our build. The videos are set to private right now, but if you want to see them I will share them with you via email. This is not an easy thing for us to do, but we know someone will appreciate it as much as we do...

If you are interested, pm me. I'm living in southcentral wisconsin.

travelingandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 01:43 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

I will be uploading pictures shortly.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Interested

Also in Southwest Wisconsin with an eye out for a Skoolie... looking forward to the pictures!
derekmichael02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 02:18 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

We had a instagram page and YouTube channel called "Yippie" but deleted all our content because our traveling window closed on us and couldn't leave. And now my airdrop pictures aren't loading on my macbook so what I'll do is post the few pics I have on my laptop on here and then I'll quickly make a instagram and post the rest on there for now.

Instagram link:

https://www.instagram.com/skoolieforsalewi/
Old 12-14-2020, 02:28 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

For pictures, I'm just going to upload them to my old abandoned instagram page until I can figure out this airdrop glitch.

https://www.instagram.com/skoolieforsalewi/
Old 12-14-2020, 06:32 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7496.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	51961Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0804.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	51962
Old 12-14-2020, 07:11 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
keep the bus and travel in it for a year then sell it and finish school.. even with covid, now is a great time for campoing and outdoor activity and not such a great time to be in indoor classes or worse yet stuck on virtual classes where you have no interaction..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 07:20 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

That’s fair, but we can’t afford to leave our current jobs right now given where the economy is. We both were positioned good in January this year and then that quickly change.
Old 12-14-2020, 08:10 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
It is indeed sad when life causes you to reevaluate your dreams and plans. It is good that you are young so you can pick up in a few years. Good luck with college, it is usually an interesting time in life in "normal" times ... with COVID, it ill be different.

I did not notice your asking price in your original post. Also, what transmission does it have?
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:17 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
It is indeed sad when life causes you to reevaluate your dreams and plans. It is good that you are young so you can pick up in a few years. Good luck with college, it is usually an interesting time in life in "normal" times ... with COVID, it ill be different.

I did not notice your asking price in your original post. Also, what transmission does it have?
It’s automatic. All and all I put 20k into it, but I know I’ll only get around 15k-18k. I have it posted on fb marketplace for 20k, and I’ll post it on skoolielivin later this week.

Tags
sad, selling, skoolie