2012 Chevy G4500 Shuttle Bus Build Thread
Big fan of this site and wanted to share my journey and progress. I have a 2012 Shuttle Bus with a 6.6l Duramax Diesel. Bought off of craigslist with 190k miles on it
Wanted to share first my intended layout and wondering if any has any suggestions or tips with how I'm doing it.
- I'm re purposing the coolant lines that went to the heater in the back to act as a water heater. I'm using a heat exchanger designed for just this task
- I intend on having a 30 gal fresh water, 10 gal hot, 20 gal gray
- For insulating the windows (my biggest loss of energy) I will tint each one with mirror tint, Install reflectix (with 1 inch gap between the pane)
- I have two max fans deluxe that will be placed in the front and back of the bus for optimal airflow
- I'm looking to add 1 inch XPS to windows/walls/ceiling. followed by 1/2 inch subfloor (plywood) and LVP on the floor.
- Not looking to do solar at the moment but definitely will have an option for shore power, battery isolator, and generator to recharge the batteries