Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2016, 03:25 PM   #81
Almost There

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 8.3 cumnins
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemianbusodyssey View Post
Cool! Thank you so much! That is a huge help.

There are a couple other measurements we are curious about:
How far s the wheel wheel from the back wall? And how big are the wheel wells LxHxW?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Sorry just now getting to this
Back wall to begining of rear wheel well is 7'10" wheel Wells are 3'2" long and 9" tall. Front one is only about 7" behind the driver seat. 19' of flat in between wheel Wells.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 12-19-2016, 05:42 PM   #82
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure Bus View Post
It has 240. But its an old federal pacific box, another 240 broker to go in the garage would cost about 80 bucks and I have other breakers out too that are crazy expensive for an outdated system, so I figured instead of throwing more money at a system that needs to be replaced I'd just replace it. Those old federal pacifics are fire hazards anyway.
Ah gotcha. Never heard of them. I know Square D for breakers. Don't know boxes other than the more copper the better.

You don't need an electrician; gloves is it. You're a bus owner now. Time to get shite done.
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:39 PM   #83
Almost There

OK. New design. I like this more than previous because of the amount of storage available. And it's pretty unique. The queen bed will be about 4 ft tall, to fit my bikes in the garage. And on about half of it will be dresser area for clothes.
And the boys room in the back will have a large dresser as well. And they'll have their own spot to chill.

I'd go ahead and raise the floor from the queen bed on back even with wheel well then possibly duct some ac through that area (the front area will have ac mounted front and center)

I've decided to raise the roof, either 12 or 18 inches.

One person will have to climb into the foot of the bed, that's one downfall I've found. But there is abiut 2 ft of space there.
I really wanted to locate the main water tank inside the insulated envelope, so it will have to go either under the dresser area of the bed or under the couch. I may reconsider and put it in the bay if I can find a good solution to keep it from freezing.

So I'm gonna go now to finish Grinding out the seats while you guys poke any holes you can in my design. Please be critical on this stage and if I'm missing something let me know.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:46 PM   #84
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure Bus View Post
And the boys room in the back will have a large dresser as well. And they'll have their own spot to chill.
First, can I get on and off the bus thru the E-door? Not in this layout but in general when you're done garaging it.

Second, the kids are in the back. You said they were teen boys. The fridge is in the front. My math says you're bedroom just became an interstate.

If the E-door can be used regularly, put your bedroom up front and common room everything in the middle? Kinda unorthodox but it might work.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #85
Almost There

Side e door probably can't be used regularly. But I'm going to leave the big one in the back by the boys room available and probably an exit window or two and even maybe a roof exit. Will still have way more egress points than a regular class a motorhome. I'm debating on making interior access into the garage. It would have to be by the foot of the bed against the wall and I don't think it's worth messing with.
Ya, I feel like alot do the big bed in back and middle isle plan and this one just gives me more storage.
One downside is guests having to go through our room to get to the bathroom. But that's not too bad. I need to find a place to put a linen and towel closet close to the bathroom too. But I may be able to work that into the raised floor somehow. I'll have about 5 or 6 inches of space there to use.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:01 PM   #86
Bus Geek

If the bus is on fire or upside down, I gives a damn about going thru a bedroom.

Everyday and especially midnight snacks, I don't want the nose-pickers walking thru the bedroom. Roof raise means metal work anyway. Add an everyday door back there somewhere for them. Make the E-door a real door for guest, move bed forward.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:04 PM   #87
Almost There

Once they go to bed they never really ask for snacks anyway. And an every day door would mean doing away with their desk/TV area and would defeat the purpose of setting them up in the back. I'm not really concerned about them walking through my room. If they are awake we usually are too.