Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2018, 12:20 AM   #1

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummings 5.9
96 Bluebird TC2000, "le bus"

This is a long overdue post on our 1996 Bluebird TC2000 conversion (we started last year and recently finished). This is a joint work with another family.

Here is a photo trail of the skoolification https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0S5oqs3qJ0HBex

We do not live in the bus, it is for short camping trips only. We've installed a compositing toilet, 480w solar panels and 3000w inverter, dwarf wood stove, kitchen with 2 gas burner and hot water. There are 4 bunks and a seating area that converts into a bed.

We had quite a bit of fun adding a full deck on the roof. It is basically a wood deck mounted and bolted to the frame. The roof also carries a latter and a railing system to make kid safe. We can also mount a awning that runs most of the bus (27ft).

There was a little bit of mechanical work to do - fixing the drive train, greasing, and replacing the king pin caps but we are fortunate to have found a mechanic that's teaching us along the way. Eager to learn more on that side.

We also played quite a bit with adding LEDs to the bus (on going process). The interior currently runs 4 strips of low power LED connected by various microcontrollers all synchronized via radio. This allows to remotely control lights with having to lay additional wiring. In the future, I plan to use the current from one the Hurri-Hot vent (12v/20A) to power some LED strips under the bus. (These things are quite fun to work with since each LED can be individually animated and only consumes at most 60mA at 5V).
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8440.jpg  

peli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I use Sandevices controllers to control the smart LED's, you can send them E1.31, Artnet, and DMX.. so using many available software programs (many free, some not) to animate your LED's..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:48 PM   #3

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummings 5.9
Thanks! I’ll check it out.

I have a bunch of BBC micro:bit driving strips of WS2812b LEDs.
peli is offline   Reply With Quote