Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2016, 07:46 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Intl 3800
Engine: DT-466E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
Start checking some commercial flooring companies? There are companies that make the puke mats in width and length to cover the whole thing in one shot.
I salvaged quite a few pieces of the flat that were bigger than what I needed and didn't like the color so I used them to make drain pans under any chance of getting wet area.(my entire hidden kitchen area floor including the fridge and my entire bath area with drains)but I am still debating my flooring transition from dry to wet in the bath because the rubber needs to turn up to complete the pan but it conflicts with the transition between the two. my fault
I try to salvage and make decisions as I go to make it fit/work?
I am in the final stages now and the odd ends I have left are catching up? (Not to many but enough) I will probably make my own threshold out of cedar that obviously marks the line between the bath and with the right piece flashes with my bamboo floor. I didn't think it all through when I salvaged the bamboo or the rubber but it looks good and if a piece hear or there needs special attention? Then make it cause you ain't gonna find it.
Thanks for the advice! My conversion isn't going to be a complete RV with all the amenities, more just sleeping bunks and a place to sit while the bus is in motion. The puke mat is quite substantial and i'd like to put something down on the section i tore up that somewhat resembles the rest of the floor.

robbieinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:07 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
I like the puke mat. It's easy to clean but it deserves several in depth scrubbing and sterilizations. This light brown mat resembles linoleum but is much tougher. I'm trying to insulate from underneath so I don't cover the L-track on my floor.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:15 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

I've been hard a work fighting rust and rainy days along the way... I replaced a sagging section of the floor, got quite a bit of painting done, and started building sleeping bunks.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:31 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Old 05-27-2016, 11:54 PM   #25
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Amtran Genesis
Chassis: International