Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2021, 08:07 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
Looks like a great layout,. Depending how tall you are you could rotate the bed 90 degrees.
Technical ..the tub uses a lot of water..so you need a large tanks that also take up space and weight.

I agree with the statement that it is nice for the driver to be able to look backward.
I used to live in a more or less stationary bus and had a kitchen behind the driver seat with a foldout part that reached to the steering wheel.

In your current design I would round the corner of the sink area where you come in the bus.

Great up front work.

Good luck
Johan

joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 04:35 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
Looks like a great layout,. Depending how tall you are you could rotate the bed 90 degrees.
I'm pretty short, but I want to keep the bed a standard size without cutting it down, and I have the bed drafted where it is so it is closer to heating and ac, and the bathroom is the closed off end that is 'less important' for temperature control. I have a few inches of wiggle room in all the sections other than the bed tho.

Quote:
Technical ..the tub uses a lot of water..so you need a large tanks that also take up space and weight.
Ya the tub is around 50 gallon water capacity, so it wouldn't be a bubble bath every day in remote locations on the water tank, but I mostly plan to be hooked up to water instead of boondocking, and the water tank is more a reserve if there is a freeze, or for use traveling between locations, or some few and far between camping trips.

Quote:
In your current design I would round the corner of the sink area where you come in the bus.
100% that corner will be angled or rounded and not a 90 degree. I am too clumsy for waist height right angles, I just got pretty vague about the drafting around the stairs area because it's less generic rectangle and will probably need very custom measurements.

Quote:
I agree with the statement that it is nice for the driver to be able to look backward.
I used to live in a more or less stationary bus and had a kitchen behind the driver seat with a foldout part that reached to the steering wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyrick View Post
The area behind the driver is best left open in some fashion, you'll be surprised how often you turn around and look down the isle, to your right out a window etc.
So I have been thinking about this for a couple days and I'm a little confused. The passenger side of the bus will have cabinets above and below the windows, and the bottom of the windows might be blocked by backsplash (which is why I have them 'blocked' in the exterior paint draft). There will be a pretty open center aisle until it hits the bed. The windows directly behind the drivers seat on the drivers side are blocked by appliances, but thinking about how I drive in a normal car, I never look out the windows further back than the drivers window, but I do sometimes look out the back seat passenger side, which is what is open in my plans. Are these suggestions just making sure I don't have the passenger side windows blocked, saying I should have the counter top a little lower or no backsplash, or saying that the drivers side windows being blocked is not great? I will admit my design is focused much more on my daily life in the space and having the option to move it is important, but it's likely I will only move for some summer seasonal work and then back, or a few vacation type lengths of a week or two. I feel like I'm rambling so the main point is, is this mostly important for while driving, because I don't know if for me personally changing anything would be worth it if it is for the driving experience since I don't plan on doing too much moving.
averyonic is offline   Reply With Quote