Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Batch of Vintage Buses

Howdy All --- When I payed a visit to check out the '46 Chevy Shorty I bought, I discovered this fellow has a passel of old buses there. Said he might sell some if the deal was right. I know the price I paid was "right" with me and he was a great guy to deal with. Thought I'd pass along the pix and his contact just in case anyone here is looking for one of these hard to find rigs. Don't know any details at all (year, engine status, nada) but figured if they were of interest you could give him a shout. His name is Mike Ginsburg and he runs a hot springs/campground/trailer park/music ranch/you name it, called Mystic Springs in Monroe, Utah. His number is 435.527.3286. The buses are below...

There are a couple of more that I didn't get pics of, but these old gals seemed to be just waiting to be asked to dance. Best of luck.

Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: ?
Chassis: chevrolet
Engine: 292L 6
Rated Cap: ?
Re: Batch of Vintage Buses

I'm sure Tango has more info, but all the bus pics look like their from the 40's or maby late 30's.(except the left hand one in pic #1) tThe yellow one appearsto be a Ford, the Dead Head is a 41 or 46 Chevy (no chrome during the war years). If I remember my e-bay corectly it"s a 46. The last one is a 41 or 46 GMC (chrome again). The Chevy and GMC look like 1ton or lighter. Cant tell you much about the Dodge, The green one looke familuar but cant hazard a guess.

Nice find.
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool
The green one looke familuar but cant hazard a guess.
Looks like a Kornbinder [International Harvester] front. I can't say beyond that.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15

Just found out the guy in Utah sold the green IH to someone who saw it here and it will soon be a Movie Star! That unit is the same as the famous "Further" that Cassidy, Ginsberg, the Grateful Dead and the whole band of "Merry Pranksters" drove around the country in doing the "Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" thing ( a friend here claims to have an original "I drank the Kool-Aid" T-shirt). Far off, man. The original bus is now in the Smithsonian. Who would have imagined it would end up there?! Will try and find out more about the TV program & plans for this bus and pass them on. Stay tuned, film at 11:00.

Actually...film right here and now...

http://laughingsquid.com/the-merry-p...e-bus-further/

Keep on Bussin'!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

very cool!~
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote