Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: 7.3L T444E Navistar
Rated Cap: 48/72
Beautification of Bev

When we bought the bus I watched every YouTube video I could get my hands on and had grand plans for remodel! My husband talked me off the DIY ledge and we decided to hold off on complete renovating until we had rode some of the cobwebs off her and got a feel for bus life. Now that we are over1500 miles from home and we've been living on her for a month I'm starting to figure out what works and what doesn't for our temporary set up.

One item I keep going back and forth about are the three original seats we left in. We also left the two very front "seats" (no actual cushion just the back frame) that separate the stair way from the front seat and driver from seat behind. . I def want to take out seat #3 and the dividing frames. I'd like to replace the divider near the stairs with a jumbo navigation desk. Kind of like an old school, school desks with the hinged lift top.

What I'm debating is wether to leave the seat original(I recovered it in a paisley clothe that's easily changeable) or if we should swap it out for some cushy captains chair. They aren't the most comfortable things but I really would like to leave some "bus like" attributes to our remodel and not go full on RV finishes. Anyone out there leave some original seats in, and if so are you still glad you did.

I'd love to post pics but can't seem to make it work

BeverlyTheBus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#designdebate, #leaveitoldschool, #originalseats, #whatdoyouthink