Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2017, 04:46 PM   #81
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGravy View Post
Hope ya'll like it. I will try to keep this updated.
I love it! The dark floor is rustic and I would (will?) do my buss with dark floors and cabinets.

100MPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:04 AM   #82
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100MPG View Post
I love it! The dark floor is rustic and I would (will?) do my buss with dark floors and cabinets.
Rustic is fine and dandy. Just be careful with dark everything especially if you're getting rid of all the windows. You'll end up with a dark cave. If that's what you like, go for it.
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #83
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewerbob View Post
Rustic is fine and dandy. Just be careful with dark everything especially if you're getting rid of all the windows. You'll end up with a dark cave. If that's what you like, go for it.
It was all taken into consideration. Pine ceiling is very light... walls and trim are ultra-pure white. When you walk in it is bordering on being too bright. The floors brought it down to a nice warm feel. Good contrast. Plus the 10 leds in the ceiling great a ton of natural-feeling warm yellow light, which bring out the light-colored highlights in the flooring. You can't tell in the pic, but the hanging lights throw green/beige highlights all through the space. Feels like a spa in there.

Bottom line. Good design requires choice contrast. Dark floors make you feel planted/solidly on the ground. The contrast draws the eye, distracting you from the shallow height (added bonus). Too many light colors will clash. White walls make it feel open. Vertical lines in the wainscoting make it feel taller than it is. Tongue and groove lines make it feel longer. And when you look at the back and front walls you see horizontal lines, which make it feel wider. All carefully chosen.

It'll be interesting to see how bringing the kitchen appliances/cabinets in will change the flow, and overall vibe. 30x60 shower goes in this weekend.
BoringGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #84
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100MPG View Post
Just be careful with the cabinets. I see a lot of people putting cabinets up high on the walls. Ive been in a ton of buses... and you don't want it to feel like you are in a crowded hallway... and I don't care what anyone says, high cabinets ALWAYS do that. High AND dark cabinets would most likely be disastrous.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:42 AM   #85
Bus Geek

Quote:
It was all taken into consideration. Pine ceiling is very light... walls and trim are ultra-pure white. When you walk in it is bordering on being too bright. The floors brought it down to a nice warm feel. Good contrast. Plus the 10 leds in the ceiling great a ton of natural-feeling warm yellow light, which bring out the light-colored highlights in the flooring. You can't tell in the pic, but the hanging lights throw green/beige highlights all through the space. Feels like a spa in there.
Ah good deal. These buses rarely take photos well. They never look true to the in-person look.

Quote:
Bottom line. Good design requires choice contrast. Dark floors make you feel planted/solidly on the ground. The contrast draws the eye, distracting you from the shallow height (added bonus). Too many light colors will clash. White walls make it feel open. Vertical lines in the wainscoting make it feel taller than it is. Tongue and groove lines make it feel longer. And when you look at the back and front walls you see horizontal lines, which make it feel wider. All carefully chosen.
That's the job of my interior designer. I haven't heard from her lately. My travel agent just got back to me week before last finally. Still waiting to hear back from the events coordinator on what we're doing this week/weekend.

Quote:
30x60 shower goes in this weekend.
I wanna see this.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:46 AM   #86
Bus Geek

Quote:
Just be careful with the cabinets. I see a lot of people putting cabinets up high on the walls. Ive been in a ton of buses... and you don't want it to feel like you are in a crowded hallway... and I don't care what anyone says, high cabinets ALWAYS do that. High AND dark cabinets would most likely be disastrous.
Keep the cabinets low? Few cabinets? Gotta have some storage tho I do prefer open.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:26 AM   #87
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Keep the cabinets low? Few cabinets? Gotta have some storage tho I do prefer open.
No doubt. Def need storage. But you are better off with short shelves and hooks up high, if anything, all day. Im hiding a lot of the storage in super shallow cabinets below the windows... under the bed. Left and right of the couch. Above the fridge. Above the toilet, where you cant stand anyway (no chance of hitting your head. Behind the driver's seat/cab area. Plus a nice shallow shelf, made of the same butcher block that will most likely be my countertop. Ill either make it so that the shelves can hold the stuff in transit, or some kind of piece I can lock in front of it (stow it away when not out and about). And if you look at the holes int he back wall... im building cabinets that slide into those holes behind where the bed will be. Only access will be from bed, but who cares? I'll just use it for clothes and some odd stuff.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:17 PM   #88
Bus Geek

There will be storage and/or tanks under all of the counters, furniture, bed, etc. The table (dining rm) will fold down so as to be out of the way when not in use. I'm not sure how many, how big, or where the windows will be just yet. Suppose I should take a look at my floor plan again.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:24 PM   #89

Love the Progress pex under the bus?? any hot or just cold water?
karl269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:16 PM   #90
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl269 View Post
Love the Progress pex under the bus?? any hot or just cold water?
The pex runs in the floor, not under the bus. Plenty of insulation down there. One will be hot... one cold. Easiest way to run it to the kitchen sink without going all the way around.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:55 AM   #91
Bus Geek

Quote:
The pex runs in the floor, not under the bus. Plenty of insulation down there. One will be hot... one cold. Easiest way to run it to the kitchen sink without going all the way around.
Using any of it for heating?
Old 07-26-2017, 07:57 AM   #92

what u using for a water heater?
karl269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:37 PM   #93
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Using any of it for heating?
Nah, just a way of getting the hot and cold to the sink.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:38 PM   #94
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl269 View Post
what u using for a water heater?
I think I will go with on-demand propane.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:48 PM   #95
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
I'm thinking the same. Anyone here using a particular brand/model they are happy with??? Vented...not vented?
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:56 AM   #96
Bus Geek

Quote:
Nah, just a way of getting the hot and cold to the sink.
Well get that fixed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I'm thinking the same. Anyone here using a particular brand/model they are happy with??? Vented...not vented?
MuddaEarth on Transcendence (I think it was him) has one he does NOT like. Apparently you need to watch the low volume spec? Whomever it was said it works great when on shore water and don't care how much water you're using but when boondocking and trying to save water, it wasn't "very good". I dunno if that means the water was too hot, the thing didn't work because of a safety setting, or what the problem was.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:48 AM   #97
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Well get that fixed!!
A little late to do floor heating at this point. Haha. I will be using a mini reverse-cycle marine HVAC for heating and cooling. Electric. Only pulls 300W with compressor running. 2.7A @ 115v. 4000 BTU. Perfect. One unit. Heating and cooling problem solved.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #98

Looks great

I just recently joined this site but have been following this thread for a little while now. I have yet to purchase a bus yet hopefully the end of the weekend ill be picking up a 1998 international But in any case Its been a few months has there been any update? I love this build one of the best I have seen so far.
andrewmistkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #99
Mini-Skoolie

I took a little time away from the bus to refuel mentally and financially. Plenty of work has been done since the most recent photos. I will try to get some updated info up here soon. Time to finish this thing.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:56 PM   #100
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Looks amazing. I really love the blue built-in Hookah.

I wish mine looked like that. Very nice- looking forward to the finish.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote